UZI 45 kit

ig720

I recently acquired a UZI and wanted to try the 45 kit. Does anyone make these with SMG 10" barrels?

pmf

45 kits are as rare as hen's teeth.

I bought one years ago and then bought a lower converted for grease gun mags. Unlike the 22 conversion I have, it runs like a sewing machine. The kits themselves go for $1000+ if you can find one. Get used to 9mm.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
barrel exchange is the last one I can think of that was making barrels and bolts

b_saan

He's out, might also be out of 40S&W kits as well (Troy was down to his last couple barrel blanks last time I talked to him).

OP, keep an eye on GB, kits pop up every once in awhile. The last one went over 2k though so be prepared to spend $$. As mentioned above, the GG lower is the best addition to a kit IMO, and it works for the 40S&W kit as well. I've got an AWC MK9 in 45 that replaces the UZI barrel nut and running it with both 40 and 45 is a dream.

pmf

Curious about the 40 cal conversion. You say the GG lower works with it. So I assume the 40 cal fits OK in GG mags? Does the 45 ACP bolt work with 40 cal? So all you really need if you have the 45 conversion is a 40 cal barrel?

Frankly, I find 45 ACP to be a pretty large round to shoot out of an uzi. It makes you realize why Thompsons are so heavy. The wood stock helps. But 40 cal could be better. But there's a reason must sub guns are 9mm.

b_saan

It's a bolt, barrel and slightly modified GG mags. IIRC from Troy he was modifying 9mm bolts to make the 40S&W bolt and he tweaks the feed lips on the GG mag so that it holds the smaller round properly, I assume you could probably get it to run with the stock grip and modified factory (or ProMag) 45 mags too. I love the UZI suppressed in 45 or 40, I have a 41AE FA kit too but it's unfired, my Group 22LR kit runs great as well. Honestly, for me, the UZI with all the conversions is the perfect SMG.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
No idea where to find a complete 45 conversion kit. Lately I have seen a barrel listed or a bolt, but not the whole kit. To me the 45 is too jumpy in the Uzi and I'm not a fan. I shot my kit once and up it up. I did not try it suppressed, so I may have to break it out again. I also have a 40S&W kit, but I have Uzi 41AE mags rather than modded grease gun mags. I prefer to load double feed mags rather than single feed.

b_saan

There's a bolt/barrel/mag kit on GB right now, not my listing, already at $1k bidding...

That's a good call on the 41AE mags, I suppose I could use those instead of swapping the GG lower if I'm also out shooting 9 or 22lr with the stock grip and want to switch up to 40.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm got a full size and Mini .40SW setup.
As mentioned BarrelXchange did setups for both. His mini heavy bolts were setup for 9mm and .40.
I also had him modify a full size 9mm bolt for .40SW and got a .40SW barrel from him

Pictured below is my .45ACP setup.
GG-UMP-50rnd-1024x768.jpg

I like full size in .45ACP...I feel like the full size is made for it. 9mm is so tame in the full size and the .45 makes you pay attention.

I still have 2 new IMI .45 bolts and a new .45 barrel...looks like I need to put a set up on Gunbroker one of these days.

ETA: A friend of mine also uses his .45ACP bolt to run .40SW as well. I think he said he uses a 9mm extractor when doing that.
Also using GG mags and bends the feed lips in some.

Even though I have .40SW setups for my Mini and full size, I don't think I even bothered to tune them yet.

Last edited:

b_saan

You should run it, mine worked perfectly right out of the package from Troy.

PXL-20210617-212813015.jpg

ig720

Thank you all for the information. I was not aware that there were semi and auto parts. If anyone is looking to sell prior to listing on GB please shoot me a pm.

ig720

Well, I guess we now what the kits go for today. Now which one of you has a pile of these stashed?

Garrett

Green mountain used to have the 45 barrels check with them. The hard part is the 45 bolt.

Yep. I have everything except the bolt. I ended up getting a semi-auto bolt assembly and shooting it that way. I may get a .45 SMG bolt some day, but probably not unless I find a great deal on one.

Garrett

That's a good call on the 41AE mags, I suppose I could use those instead of swapping the GG lower if I'm also out shooting 9 or 22lr with the stock grip and want to switch up to 40.
One would think so, but I had a lot of issues trying to load very many rounds in .41AE or .45 magazines. I could really only get a dozen or so rounds in the mag to run. Otherwise the stack pushes outward too much and binds.

It has to do with how the diameter of the .40 cartridge will cause it to stack half way between a single column and an ideal double column inside an Uzi .45 magazine. As seen below.

photo_zpsad958375.jpg

You can go back and read about my attempts to make them work here.

Eventually I found a Greasegun mag lower and all was well. GG mags hold 35 of the .40 cartridges and once the feed lips are tweaked they run great.

Destiny

Pike Arms has the full sized .45 barrels... found them the other day while looking for a Micro .45 barrel

pmf

All I see on their web page are 45 semi auto barrels. i don't think they work in a full auto gun.

Destiny

Hmm.. Didn't realize that someone made restrictor rings for full auto Uzi's... thought they were for semi autos. Where on the profile of a Semi Auto barrel is there some metal that prevents it from fitting in a full auto smg ? Agreed.. knowing what feed ramp any Uzi has is a crap shoot.. and some barrels may need to be turned to fit the ramp is always a consideration.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter