The UltiMac, a modular Mac upper.

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
I kind of have the feeling that they're a lot like Pringles....you can't just have one. :p

Burst packs for the M10 would be pretty cool, is this for the native M10 in .45 or for the upper conversion plus?

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
I kind of have the feeling that they're a lot like Pringles....you can't just have one. :p

Burst packs for the M10 would be pretty cool, is this for the native M10 in .45 or for the upper conversion plus?

Both, and hopefully with the 22 upper I've been working on as well.

The selector will now have a detent to hold it in position.
Forward is semiauto, middle position is burst (3 or 5 rounds) and rearward is Auto.
The burst feature can be changed from 3 round burst to 5 round burst by swapping a linkage in the pack.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
Now you have my attention. Any details on it as of yet?

Mainly mag compatibility?

It uses BDM Uzi 22 mags (tiny mod to mag) with an adapter.
Otherwise looks like a normal mac upper. Pic rail on top, side charger (non reciprocating), 8" barrel, 1/2x28 threads and a muzzle booster for those who don't want to run a suppressor.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
+1 for burst packs.

+2 this alone would be an awesome capacity to bring to MACs, if it’s within the stock package it would bring that functionality to all Mac uppers. Sound like that may not be the case but if it’s a component of this upper that’s still fantastic. Especially shooting rifle caliber.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
+2 this alone would be an awesome capacity to bring to MACs, if it’s within the stock package it would bring that functionality to all Mac uppers. Sound like that may not be the case but if it’s a component of this upper that’s still fantastic. Especially shooting rifle caliber.

It is a drop-in pack that will work with any upper on the market that has a bolt capable of hitting the semiauto trip. As far as I know, that's pretty much any upper and bolt combination on the market. The only one I'm unsure of is the Tenko. I'm sure Scott can weigh in on that.

Before anyone asks, yes, I plan to develop one for the M11 and M11/9 at some point. The only limitation is that I don't think I can make it narrow enough that the collapsible stock will fit in the gun fully collapsed.

Right now, the other important details are:

Removable trigger shoe (lets you run a flat trigger or a curved trigger)
Lighter trigger pull than stock (closer to Uzi trigger pull, 6-8 pound pull)
Affordable
Uses steel reinforcement bushings to prevent egging of holes in the reg'd receiver.
Drop in with no mods to gun necessary.

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
That sounds fantastic. Awesome options. At the rate your going you could offer a whole new Mx/9/10/11 package.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
The 22 sub-cal kits will be great. Especially since Lage has discontinued their kit.
The M11 hasn’t had a Commercial 22 sub cal kit and the M10 kits are extremely old and don’t work well.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

The burst pack is a really interesting idea.

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
What about the .22 adapter that can take the Ruger 22 mags?

That is an accessory for the Ultimac and not a dedicated upper. It's still gonna happen.
Obviously, Ultimac and Ultimac accessories are what I've been focusing on, but I have other things I work on in the background.

Fishman

Are the burst packs select fire, or burst only.

Semi-burst-full or burst-full would be awesome. I'm not interested in burst only.

Swampfoxoutdoors

UZI Talk Supporter
What about the .22 adapter that can take the Ruger 22 mags?

While the Ruger BX10 and BX25 mags are great they are not the ideal MG rimfire mag in my opinion.

You need something with capacity and ease of loading which the SW15-22 mags check off.

What I personally would prefer is a hopper like on a paintball gun where one just dumps loose ammo into a bin and it mechanically orients the rounds via some sort of battery powered mechanism. No that would be flipping fun.

Deerhurst

For 22LR in the UltiMac what reason is there to not use a 5.56 barrel, a CMMG conversation kit and the proven black dog mags?

Deerhurst

Well, yes. The UltiMac has a proprietary carrier but uses an AR bolt if I remember right.

Derp. My brain was turned off.

Wouldn't be hard to run a CMMG kit open bolt. Modified pin and a little added material should do it.

Wish I had spare time to play with stuff like this!

theredneckengineer

UZI Talk Supporter
Are the burst packs select fire, or burst only.

Semi-burst-full or burst-full would be awesome. I'm not interested in burst only.

Semi/Burst/Full.

Well, yes. The UltiMac has a proprietary carrier but uses an AR bolt if I remember right.

Derp. My brain was turned off.

Wouldn't be hard to run a CMMG kit open bolt. Modified pin and a little added material should do it.

Wish I had spare time to play with stuff like this!

No, there is no proprietary carrier or bolt. It uses regular carriers and bolts.
The exception is 22.

Use of a modified CMMG kit would pretty much make the upper a machinegun IMO.
It has a self contained recoil spring and ejector and that would make it a slam-fire mg.
Definitely not advisable.

I prefer the 10/22 magwell because there are 110 round drums on the market that work well for the 10/22.
If someone didn't want to use those, then the standard AR15 magwell would work fine to run CMMG/BDM mags.
I'll probably make a dedicated M&P15/22 magwell just to make Strobo happy.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter