The FNC on 9hole, again to low quality, to cheap

paco

I hate it when guys like this come up with a crapy semi auto civilian weapon and talk like they got the real deal in there hands.
Ian did the same with a crappy FNC clone. You guys should bomb there email and complain that you want quality, not el cheapo "volume".
If you know these guys personaly, just tell them to go for the real deal. They can use all my weapons in my collection and i have acces to 1000+ others in my collectors community.
How hard can it be to fly over to Belgium and use only original fire arms? I can't believe you folks are happy with less...

my 2 cents

Paco

paco

howdy

The guys in the video are using an FNH Belgian made FNC, and hit every target out to 500yd. Not sure what you're saying is "crappy" about any of this?

paco

Let me explain in a different way. If they wanted to do vid on the military US M16A1 and want show you all the feature, history and so on, and they come up with a civilian semi AR15, wrong pistolgrip, wrong twist, a Pmag fitted, wrong flash hider and so on. Would you accept it as a the reference?

There are many more military FNC with funswitch as there are civilian fnc sporters out there.
I'm comfy i spend more prep time if i do a reading for 30 collectors as they did for 444K Followers.
If you pretend to teach people, you have a huge responsability to make sure things are correct.

If not, you end up with all these collectors mispronouncing simple things like the word FAL, just to mention something.
(The correct way is to say it like Fall, short. Not Ef Aey Ell).
It just pisses me off.

Paco

Last edited:

paco

The guys in the video are using an FNH Belgian made FNC, and hit every target out to 500yd. Not sure what you're saying is "crappy" about any of this?
I m comfy they know how to shoot.
And yes, an FNC makes a nice group, better as the FAL and the Scar.
But, these guys use the wrong 2 position flip upsights. The original military ABL FNC used a 3 position rear tritium sight and a thicker front sight.
They use the thin front sight. Wrong ammo, wrong trigger group.
Paco

tomk

Is the Indonesian version an improvement over the original? I can see some changes / differences between the two in your pics (thanks for posting). The trigger group / selector is different. Other changes? Interchangeable parts?

paco

Did your read the m3 vs ss1 topic?

Yes, pindad did some pro things, but so has the M3...

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
I don't really watch 9 hole, but I like Ians stuff, I dont remember his FNC video (will try to remember to look this weekend). Usually he is pretty good about explaining what the exact gun he has on hand is, clone or not. He has been known to do followups when he gets access to a real deal after only having a knockoff. As you were talking about giving him access to your collection, I would highly encourage you to contact him at his website (forgottenweapons.com). What I really like about his stuff is that he basically gives yahoos like me museum access to a lot of things I would have never been able to see otherwise. And most of it is all made possible by collectors such as yourself. Which I think is really neat that so many people have opened up their collections like that!

sweersa

Larry Vickers did an FNC video with a guy from FN. They had the last version of the FNC before it went out of production. I remember it had a plastic port cover which I thought was interesting. It was a factory full auto model.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Larry Vickers did an FNC video with a guy from FN. They had the last version of the FNC before it went out of production. I remember it had a plastic port cover which I thought was interesting. It was a factory full auto model.
That’s JP Reconnu of FN Manufacturing. He’s been at FN for no shit 50 years.

dubagel

It also had the flip up grenade launcher gas cut off removed. I also found it interesting when he said the rear sight assembly was moved slightly rearward on the upper receiver so that it would make the upper receiver more rigid when closed on the lower receiver.

sweersa

It also had the flip up grenade launcher gas cut off removed. I also found it interesting when he said the rear sight assembly was moved slightly rearward on the upper receiver so that it would make the upper receiver more rigid when closed on the lower receiver.
That is interesting. By that iteration of the FNC, perhaps they felt the grenade launching ability was not necessary/supplemented by dedicated weapons to have a similar effect. I believe the Yugoslavians/Serbians also dropped the flip up grenade launcher gas cut off/sight assembly in time on their M70 (AK) line. I know some of the early Polish milled AKs had them too.

dubagel

That is interesting. By that iteration of the FNC, perhaps they felt the grenade launching ability was not necessary/supplemented by dedicated weapons to have a similar effect. I believe the Yugoslavians/Serbians also dropped the flip up grenade launcher gas cut off/sight assembly in time on their M70 (AK) line. I know some of the early Polish milled AKs had them too.
It also has a brass deflector “upside down L”welded to the receiver just behind the ejection port.

SmittyS101

Let me explain in a different way. If they wanted to do vid on the military US M16A1 and want show you all the feature, history and so on, and they come up with a civilian semi AR15, wrong pistolgrip, wrong twist, a Pmag fitted, wrong flash hider and so on. Would you accept it as a the reference?

There are many more military FNC with funswitch as there are civilian fnc sporters out there.
I'm comfy i spend more prep time if i do a reading for 30 collectors as they did for 444K Followers.
If you pretend to teach people, you have a huge responsability to make sure things are correct.

If not, you end up with all these collectors mispronouncing simple things like the word FAL, just to mention something.
(The correct way is to say it like Fall, short. Not Ef Aey Ell).
It just pisses me off.

Paco

The problem is American import laws. The American government restricts bringing in "non-sporting" purpose firearms. So we have to kind of rely on what we got here.

sweersa

The problem is American import laws. The American government restricts bringing in "non-sporting" purpose firearms. So we have to kind of rely on what we got here.
I get where he is coming from though. At least it isn't as bad as people making "G36" videos with the Tommy Built TG36 receiver and German and/or US parts kits and judging the family of weapons based on that one example.

rhandle

Not sure who you are addressing here when you call ,basically ,the only FNC we can purchase in the USA ,"Cheap " and" a crappy semi auto civilian weapon ". Maybe I misunderstood you ,but this is all we can purchase here. I am sure 99% of us have the ability to pay for a "real" FNC if they could get their hands on one. Just not available to us. Besides ,I am sure that most of us are happy with what we have. If I misunderstood you please let me know.

howdy

Not sure who you are addressing here when you call ,basically ,the only FNC we can purchase in the USA ,"Cheap " and" a crappy semi auto civilian weapon ". Maybe I misunderstood you ,but this is all we can purchase here. I am sure 99% of us have the ability to pay for a "real" FNC if they could get their hands on one. Just not available to us. Besides ,I am sure that most of us are happy with what we have. If I misunderstood you please let me know.
Agreed. And it's not even that it's the only one we can purchase here. It's a 100% FN made FNC, as legitimate as legitimate can be. Belgian army variant FNCs are not any more FNC than the FNCs produced for American import. The video never even claims to be an analysis of any army variant. Heck, most of the FNC's fame in America stems from the one in the movie Heat, which is an American variant FNC.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter