Tenko Update

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
For those of you following the Tenko saga, I wanted to update on the direction of the modifications we are in the process of making. The things that the ATF does not like is that they got the Tenko to fire without the M10 lower. We are working on mechanical means such that the Tenko will not be able to be fired without the M10 lower.

They also didn't like that the adapter was submitted with a rifle caliber upper using direct impingement that was closed bolt. They felt that the "redesign" made it a new machinegun. Of course they didn't have that issue with the original submission. As many owners know, the original open bolt fixed firing pin system is prone to out of battery destinations. So we plan to modify a Colt 9mm bolt to work with a Colt Light Machinegun style mechanism. A firing pin style system would be safer than a fixed firing pin system and the firing 9mm caliber with a blowback system will hopefully appease the Technology Branch. Time will tell.

Sincerely,

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions

Donut77donut

Good luck! We are anxiously waiting... it’s hard to hit moving goalpost.

Thanks for continuing to develop and adapt to make it to market!

Tinman45

I can only imagine your frustration, but I’m grateful for your continued efforts. I just read today that the idiotic restriction on exporting suppressors that crushed MAC, was rescinded last year. Less than half a century. Gotta love bureaucratic fiat.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
I like to read all your updated stuff...If we had a "like" button you'd know your followers...Duke

har1340

Yes, thank you for "sticking to your guns" and working out another design, I'll be first or second or third........in line to purchase. Don't stop!

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
The engineer has come up with a lock and key system. The "key" component will be installed in the M10 lower and should not interfere with the functionality of the lower with factory or aftermarket uppers. I am currently traveling for work and should be home next week. We also need to reshape the rear of the adapter such that it will be more difficult to install an angle iron and C-clamp to hold in the buffer and spring. Then I will start testing. If it passes our testing, then we will resubmit.

Scott Manager
A&S Conversions L.L.C.

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
Sounds awesome Scott, good luck and thank you for hanging in there!

Galil#1

True Grit. The communist government sellouts & current WH anti-2A trash riff-raff shall never crush the real American entrepreneurial spirit.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Sorry that our government is being such a pill!

That is the hardest part for me that I feel a Government Agency lied to me. Their whole bassist for two different determinations for the same mechanism is that they say that they didn't fire the first submission. I checked the timing, so I knew it would fire, but I didn't actually fire the first submission. But I expected the adapter to be fired for the evaluation. So when it came back with powder residue on it, I didn't think anything of it and never documented the power residue on the first one. As far as I am concerned, they did fire the first submission but said that they didn't.

Scott

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Considering all of the uppers coming to market and the failure of the ATF to grant approval or denial in a timely manor, is it possible that there is an "official unofficial" new directive to the extent of "don't say no but certainly don't say yes"? Perhaps the ATF has already made up their mind (or been directed to make up their mind) that something WILL be wrong with any and all new submissions. Its not unprecedented to make policy or even de-facto law with intentionally arduous bureaucracy.

JohnFreeman

UZI Talk Supporter
Never ascribe to a complex conspiracy that which can be explained by total incompetence and imbecilic buffoonery

challenger70rt

^~~ this guy gets it! Although I’m not entirely convinced that it can’t be both. But surely this is indeed a HUGE factor! =D

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Never ascribe to a complex conspiracy that which can be explained by total incompetence and imbecilic buffoonery

Imbecilic Buffoonery would be my preferred reason for lack of approval. That at least can be overcome with persistence which Scott thankfully has. Don't mean to throw a wet towel on anyone's optimism for the project either. Got a lot of respect for the man willing to take a risk in the small business world and I'm optimistic that he'll get it done. I believe it enough that I bought an M10 for this conversion piece alone as I anticipate it driving an acceleration in price increases once it is approved.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter