Tell me about your AK

robino

i just bought a "mini Krink"...what do you think?

013.JPG

011.JPG

022.JPG

should go well with my other "mini shotgun"

Picture1897.jpg

Quarterbore

UZI Talk Life Member
AKs are fun to shoot and even more fun to build. I have a few including a Romanian SAR-1, Romainan SAR-2, and Romanian SAR-3 along with others that I also will never list on this here interweb thingy where Al Gore might read. AKs make great guns for the future.

Hughjimbissel

UZI Talk Life Member
Great guns, guys! I'm not an Ak fan and still have managed to collect an Egyptian AKM (Paid $229 ea for two, back when I had an FFL), a Bulgie AK74 (built up from new, matching parts set on NODAK rvcr by talented buddy) and a Siaga-20 that will soon get the AK treatment from the above buddy.
They are fun but I found a full -auto wasn't as pleasant to shoot (My kid is a Class-2 mfgr--see what happens when you raise them right?) tending to beat the old fingers up a bit. Never realized those guns had so many sharp edges!
Love the ones you see on TV, being carried around the world, looking like they are made out of aluminum--all the finish being worn off-getting "silvered".

garandman

How's the Krink stock feel on the shoulder? That sharp corner looks like it could be .... interesting.

robino

sharp corner?

it's no sharper than any AR stock corner.

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
robino said:
sharp corner?

In fairness, the fit and finish of some of the AKs coming from certain companies has been less than stellar. I've cut myself on AK mag wells, on side and underfolding stocks, and on screws/rivets that stuck out too far. While the stocks and the front sight are probably foreign-built, the companies could have done a quick sanding job before the assembled guns left the factory.

Certain AK companies put quantity before quality; light sanding may be necessary to bring them to your spec.

FYI,

Mike

garandman

robino said:
sharp corner?

OK

I like the way the Krink folder looks, but it it seems like it would be uncomfortable.

Mike85220

Robino, that is without any doubt the coolest krink I've ever seen.
+1

AKs usually look very rough and unrefined, that Krink looks on the par of any fine assault rifle like a Galil, Valmet, or even a SIG assault rifle.

Ulwembu

UZI Talk Life Member
Not sure if I ever posted in this thread but here goes:

Norinco Type 56-1 with Vietnam era foldable Bayonet.

Bayonet.3.jpg

Bulgaria Arsenal AR-SF with PK-AV red dot and fake surpressor (surpressors are forbidden in the Netherlands on fire arms).

ARSF-PKAV.1.jpg

And how she flames without anything on the barrel end ;)

Vlam.1.jpg

And at last: Zastava M76 sniper rifle with 6x24 POSP scope. This one is on the nomination to be sold as I've got a Izmash Dragunov from the East German Army waiting for me.

Zastava%20M-76.3.jpg

Of course all on original receivers ;)

Delta-3

Here's just a couple of the "many" AK's I own. ( Hello, My name is Dave & I'm an AKaholic)

Yugo M92 w/modified FH. (My Aimpoint T-1 isn't mounted on the rail yet)

Yugokrink-2.jpg

My pre-ban Polytech AKS.

PolytechAKS.jpg

Ulwembu

UZI Talk Life Member
SubGunFan said:
How hard is it (and the costs) to get reloading components in the Netherlands...?

It's easy to get them if you have a license (only thing license free is powder). Prices is difficult to tell at the moment as they are rising by the day... Primers are on average about USD 45,- per thousand. Bullets depends on the calibre but the cheaper 9mm are USD 90,- per thousand. For the M76 I use Sierra Pro Hunter which cost me USD 300,- per thousand. I don't shoot my Type 56 a lot as it's a unique piece overhere with the bayonet on it but we normally use surplus ammo for AK's overhere (USD 175,- per thousand for full ammo). I also have a modified Ruger 10/22 in which I shoot CCI MiniMags and these cost USD 120,- right now (instead of USD 80,- a few weeks ago). Prices are going crazy as you can see. As a result a lot of people have started to reload ammo as prices for full full amm are even more idiotic these days (9mm are now USD 300,- overhere and still rising).

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Ulwembu for the in depth info.....

WOW.... Primers at $45 USD / 1000. That is 2x what they are here..... I long for the $6.50/1000 days...... :(

True...... Bullets (jacketed and cast) have gone F*CKING OUT OF SIGHT lately....... Your bullet prices are higher, but close to US prices.

Your loaded 7.62x39 ammo prices are a little better than here ($200-225/1000). Your 9mm ammo price is way up there..... :( Here, 9mm ammo is running $180-200/1000.

Do you buy your reloading equipment (presses, dies, powder measure, etc.) locally, or mail order from the US...?

Thanks again for the info.

Glockdude1

UZI Talk Supporter
Ulwembu said:
Not sure if I ever posted in this thread but here goes:

Norinco Type 56-1 with Vietnam era foldable Bayonet.

Bayonet.3.jpg

Here in the states, only the underfolding Polytechs were made/imported with the folding bayo's. Norinco underfolders came with the seperate bayo's.

:surfing

Ulwembu

UZI Talk Life Member
@ Glockdude: I don't live in the States remember ;)

@ SubGunFan: We can pretty much get everything overhere but ordering from the States, even with the added shipping and possible VAT when coming in, is still very lucrative. I order most of my reloading tools on your side (I use Lee Reloading stuff).

Glockdude1

UZI Talk Supporter
Ulwembu said:
@ Glockdude: I don't live in the States remember ;)

I know you live in the Netherlands. I was only stating that I have never seen a Norinco with a folding bayo & a underfolding stock. I know they exist, just not over here. Only the Polytechs were imported here in the U.S. (back in the good ole days). For example:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=97361735

pix411511046.jpg

One of these days I will add this rifle to my collection.

:evilgrin

Ulwembu

UZI Talk Life Member
Ah OK, is that what you mean ;) Sorry I didn't get it. The bayo on mine was added as well. It came from a bayonet collector that was clearing out some of his (for him) less interesting items. I was hunting for one of these already for 2 years and almost gave up on finding one on this side of the pond. Until a shooter buddy of mine pointed me to his ad on the net. Never thought I would find one overhere! And that for only USD 75,-. It still had an old piece of barrel in it. My gunsmith did a nice job fitting it to my rifle ;)

This is the way I bought it:

Bayonet.1.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter