TDI Kriss Super V range report

okent

I bought one of these guns recently in the SBR configuration.
It does reduce muzzle rise though mine is semiauto.

Had problems with extracting and unfired round and failure to feed.
Sent it back to the factory and was told they fixed the feeding issue but the gun was not designed to extract an unfired round without removing the magazine. It will occasionally extract the unfired round but not reliably.

I kid you not.

Spoke with the chief engineer and gunsmith.
When I asked why every other modern firearm does this and theirs doesn't the response was that it is a revolutionary design and then a long pause....
When pressed the gunsmith said that they have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours trying to remedy this issue but the gun is what it is.

Basically when you look at the bolt face there is no support of the case rim at the lower portion, only at the top 1/2. The extractor is at the 10 o'clock position and relies on the next round in the magazine to hold upward pressure on the round as there is nothing on the opposite side of the extractor to push against. It would take a redesign of the bolt to fix this.

I actually like the way the gun looks and shoots but to me this a liability if the gun was ever to be used for home defense or even for competition shooting.

Just thought the issue with extraction is important to know before the gun is purchased.

Kriss1.jpg

gundisaster

Hmm interesting review. It is an interesting weapon design, but yeah i prefer a simpler and more reliable weapon for real use. I don't really like the idea of the Glock magazines it uses with the added on extension. I bet you get some looks at the local shooting range though.

ImpalaSS

Banned
oh my another high dollar Semi Auto nightmare????
Thats why i stick with my IMI Uzi.. works every time i pull the trigger and has not failed me ever in over 15yrs of owning her...only good thing iv seen so far from the Super V is the 30rd mag extensions they work really nice in my glock 21

finbox

UZI Talk Supporter
i was going to get one...but read the many bad reviews and I'm very happy with my Max-11

Glad i didn't get it.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
okent said:
When I asked why every other modern firearm does this and theirs doesn't the response was that it is a revolutionary design and then a long pause....
Have you ever seen how a 100 year old Maxim bolt operates? Revolutionary it ain't.

okent

Yeah, I know.
I was blinded by the latest gee whiz and got burned, again. I thought I was over that after the Calico .22 MAC upper fiasco :nutkick (Vegas told me not to!!!) but I guess guns are like women and can throw the voodoo on you from time to time even though I should know better.
If you can live with the extraction issue then great but to me it is a definite negative.
This relegates the gun to a range toy which is O.K. but disappointing.

Thought I would post here as UziTalk has been good to me and want to contribute.

thegreatbeast666

I bought one a few months ago, and have had zero issues with it. Put 700 rounds through it without a single hiccup, but maybe I got lucky.
My friend with A-TACS wanted to use it in their new after-market ad campaign so of course I said yes and the finish is extremely durable

Attachments

• Kriss And  IMI Uzi Pistol.JPG
    Kriss And IMI Uzi Pistol.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 776
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter