Tax free transfer...

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Got one of those hypothetical questions... Maybe a RKI can help me out with...

If you are listed in a will as a benifactor of a title II firearm you can get it transfered to you tax free of course... But what if you live out of state?... Will it go tax free to the dealer out of state and then pay a tax to you??? Or are they both tax free???? If so what forms do you use for both transactions???

tony k

FFL/C&R
A Form 5 transfer from an estate to a designated beneficiary can go interstate, directly to the new owner.

Truman

UZI Talk Supporter
...as long as the state where they live allows it!

;)

tony k

FFL/C&R
Truman said:
...as long as the state where they live allows it!

;)

Yup. (I guess that goes without saying; BATF will not approve any transfer to a jurisdiction where an item is otherwise prohiibited.)

Also, while you still need to do photos and fingerprints, I do not believe you need a CLEO signoff -- at least, I know of several that have gone through without 'em.

So I guess having a friend or relative die is another way to get around the CLEO signoff. :(

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
tony k said:
Yup. (I guess that goes without saying; BATF will not approve any transfer to a jurisdiction where an item is otherwise prohiibited.)

Also, while you still need to do photos and fingerprints, I do not believe you need a CLEO signoff -- at least, I know of several that have gone through without 'em.

So I guess having a friend or relative die is another way to get around the CLEO signoff. :(
I've heard this is a fairly recent change. I have no idea why they did it, but at least they did.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter