SIONICS Can Value

LawBob

Incorrect. Firearms can be delivered by mail.

David
David:

Let me clarify:

Can an FFL mail you (or use a common carrier for that matter) a firearm that you just purchased? I think Lee Harvey killed this mail order system…

(I realize you can mail a long gun to yourself even in another state. Or the repaired firearm back to you.

My point of view, and I wasn’t clear, was in the purchase of a “firearm” for this distinction, since a suppressor is a “firearm”.

Vs.

an FFLSOT0207 who can deliver your suppressor.

Though I’ve not done this, I think there’s a process to fill out the 4473 by affidavit, and no NICS is required for a Form4 recipient. Or maybe there’s nothing to sign, I don’t recall.

And then the suppressor can be delivered, unlike firearms that go bang.

You can never mail handguns unless you are a licensee, and then never to non licensee.

LawBob

I purchased my MAC 10 with a matching SN suppressor. It does have a certain cool factor. I eventually had Thompson Machine make a mono core baffle for it, while retaining the original end cap with the wipe.
I thought they did but I couldn’t remember the name—/ I just saw the Thompson Machine SG-2 video. That’s another option.

My only comment on suppressors is, aluminum can’t be dipped and monocores can’t be tumbled (large ones that is) -

jolague

DA143082-C607-4-A32-B05-B-2-FCD317-FF95-B.jpg
Reference to a private sale, In February of this year, I paid $500 for a NIB Powder Springs 9mm CAN. (Matching serial number on box and can).
Mine was free for a total of 2k (entire package) in 2009. The PD Oregon needed new armor for their SWAT and sacrificed the MAC with can,

Kramer

Back in 2019 I bought two PS MAC10s in 45 and both were early three digit serial numbers, one park and the other a Nickle plated dealer sample.. For the collector value I bought a pair of two stage cans, one marked Ingram and the other a SWD. One has the original gizzards including wipes the other was an AWC re-core with machined baffle in the front cap. Both are quiet with just a slight difference in tone. I paid around $400-500 each. $2000 is very high unless it has the exact serial number as your MG.

LawBob

Back in 2019 I bought two PS MAC10s in 45 and both were early three digit serial numbers, one park and the other a Nickle plated dealer sample.. For the collector value I bought a pair of two stage cans, one marked Ingram and the other a SWD. One has the original gizzards including wipes the other was an AWC re-core with machined baffle in the front cap. Both are quiet with just a slight difference in tone. I paid around $400-500 each. $2000 is very high unless it has the exact serial number as your MG.
That’s a good take.

automaticlee

I got my RPB .380 can in 94' for a semi i had. I think it was 100 bucks. I'm glad i kept it when i found a NIB M-11a1 years later. I sent mine to Gemtech for conversion to wipe less but it still has the eyelets in the first section. I think that was $100 also. I'm surprised at the money they bring now. Not especially quiet, but it is cool. I didn't know they were serial numbered to the guns.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
It is not commonly practiced but suppressors can be shipped to a buyer's home by an instate licensee with a paid SOT.

SecondAmend

It is not commonly practiced but suppressors can be shipped to a buyer's home by an instate licensee with a paid SOT.
Not here in MI where you and I both live according to our esteemed Atty. General Dana Nessel. IIRC, there are several other states with the same or similar interpretation or legislation.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Did AG Nessel recently issue an AG opinion?

I haven't noticed an AG opinion and Silencer Central is still advertising the ability to ship to the purchaser's home...

"We are licensed in all 42 states where suppressors are legal and that allows us to deliver your new silencer directly to your front door."

https://www.silencercentral.com/services/direct-shipping/

LawBob

Yes depends on the state. SilencerCentrals big debut was this. capital armory does it also

Garrett

Did AG Nessel recently issue an AG opinion?

I haven't noticed an AG opinion and Silencer Central is still advertising the ability to ship to the purchaser's home...

"We are licensed in all 42 states where suppressors are legal and that allows us to deliver your new silencer directly to your front door."

https://www.silencercentral.com/services/direct-shipping/
Tag for info. I have not heard about any AG ruling either.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Sent: Sun, April 17, 2011 6:46:17 PM
Subject: WTB old skewl 2 stage sionics .45 suppressor

Have one 2stage (45) suppressor left. These were used very little or not at all
Also have 9mm & 380. Dealer on form 3 @. 350.00

Note the date:
I have a lot of these type Emails from when I was looking for a OEM two stage.
I bought a NIB one for 50 less from a different seller.

Member13

A slightly used M109mm one just went for $605 on gun broker. It was on a form 4 so that makes it even more pricy.
sionics can.PNG

To those that don't know the basic is a form 4 is for the end user and will have to be transferred to a form 3 before the winners dealer gets it and then he still has to do a form 4 for himself. So that is a total of two $200 transfer fees that will have to be paid.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter
What is old is new again! I think the recent popularity of the old MAC cans is due to the recent interest in retro guns and accessories. Like the current AR-15/M16A1 - M16A2 retro carry handle uppers that are selling for $400-$600 and up. A few years ago guys were replacing them with flattops to mount optics, a friend who is a gunsmith had dozens of carry handle uppers and triangle handguards he replaced with flattops and rails, no one wanted the OLD carry handle uppers. Now they have become very desirable for the "Vietnam Era look."

I have found that a lot of younger guys had never seen an AR or M16 with a carry handle before. Resulting in the question "What is that a handle?"

I advertised a .45 cal. PS MAC 10 with an original MAC suppressor, More people were interested in the can than the gun. I was offered $900.00 just for the can, but a deal had already been made and it went with the gun.

LawBob

The original design had a charging trigger on top, in the handle.

The ergonomic problem with the ar15 is the comb/height. The rear stock is in line with the barrel - compare to any traditional rifle, garand, m14…

This required the tall front sight post. And my guess is they just integrate the carry handle into what would have been a very tall rear sight relative to most rifle designs.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter