Selling advice

zirad54

Thinking of letting go of my M11/9 and need some advice. I simply just don’t have the time to hit the range and it has not been fired in a few years. Figure I should let someone else enjoy it.

I purchased on a form 4 here in Texas about 15 years ago , what is the process to sell it out of state and is it better than just selling on a firm 4 and keep it localish?

I have all of the Lage mk2 uppers except the 31c, internals, and various stocks, shockwave mags (about 20), Is it better (for me) to sell separately or as a package?

Thanks in advance.

10mmlover

This recent thread might be helpful.

zirad54

This recent thread might be helpful.

Thanks

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
The bigger the number of buyers, the more you are likely to get for it. This means unless you are in a state full of MG types you're best bet is to go on the national market (Gunbroker, forums such as this one (!!!!!), and etc.). My experience is that you will get more money selling the accessories by themselves because some gun buyers don't want your accessories and a lot of gun owners would be interested in accessories at a discount but this entitles extra work on your part. What is your time worth to you?

Unless you need the money why sell it? It doesn't take up much room and your life situation might change in 5-20 years where you would like to have it. It won't go down in value unless a legal miracle happens. The M11/9 is a very versatile MG with the different uppers and accessories. I'd think on that long and hard before I sold an M11/9. I have sold MGs and don't regret it but the last one that I would sell is an M11/9.

Homer

Short answer is in state is easier I sent you a private message

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
If you think prices are high now (worth selling) wait until 10-15 years from now.

Hang onto it as long as you can. Enjoy it while you do. All the old Ferraris and muscle cars that crossed the Barrett Jackson auction block were driven and enjoyed by some fellah just like you. -Spend a few coin on ammo.

Buckxo

For out of State you transfer it to the buyer's FFL/SOT on a Form. The buyer purchases it on a Form 4 from his FFL/SOT. In State, you sell it to the buyer on a Form 4.

Now a really good piece of advice short version: I purchased an HK sear pack from a well know FFL/SOT from Ohio in 2008 for $11,500 that I paid all upfront just before my third tour in Iraq. Before I purchased it, I called the ATF with the serial number of the pack to make sure the sear pack was omened by him and that there were no issues with it; there was not according to the ATF. The FLL/SOT passed away during my tour although his Form was approved by the ATF to send to my FFL/SOT. The FFL/SOT did send it to my FFL/SOT. When I returned my FFL/SOT filled out and signed the Form 4 to me and there was a gigantic problem and they denied my Form 4 no reason was given. It took me one year and a FOIA request to find out the problem. Prior to me purchasing it I had multiple Form 1 and Form 4's approved and have so since. Because of a paperwork issue by the ATF on the sear pack before I'd even purchased going back 20 years on the sear pack the ATF took it. Because the FFL/SOT had passed and it had been over a year since his estate probate had been probated and closed I lost my money and the sear pack.

Don't ever purchase an NFA item unless you open an escrow account for purchasing so that no money changes hands until you Form is approved. This was an expensive lesson to learn.

Very respectfully,
Buck

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter