Richard at BWE Firearms needs our help

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
It has just come to my attention that Richard Hoffman of BWE firearms lost his wife earlier this week. He's devastated and needs our help. A message from him is posted here. It's very difficult to watch, especially for anyone that knew him personally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUwu_2G_gg

The loss of his wife comes on top of the struggles he already had over the last year with his cancer diagnosis. Richard is the premier UZI gunsmith in the country, and he looked after our hobby with parts and services for many years. Like many small business owners, he's probably not financial prepared for such a tremendous loss to his family and his business. Please consider helping Richard if you can. There are links in the youtube video. Thank you.

Landric

You can also donate to him via PayPal, his email is in the description of the above video. If one donates through PayPal Friends and Family that should minimize the fees he will have to pay as opposed to making a purchase on his website where roughly 3.5% goes to the credit card company.

NativH

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks for the heads up. Been there myself about 5 years ago. It's harder than most imagine.

ole442

Banned
Way freakin' too close to the city....especially n
I just donated what I could to Richard and his family using his BWE website with my credit card. He's always been a great contributor here on UZITALK and provides great services to our hobby. He's a great guy and I cannot imagine losing my sweetheart! So, my prayers go out to Richard and his family! The emotional loss is bad enough but, as in any relationship, things your spouse does for the partnership are not always known by the other half and that takes some figuring out while under emotional stress so I can empathize with Richard and his Family!

OLE442

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear this. The emotional and financial toil this will have would be absolutely devastating to anyone. We are here for you. Please reach out with whatever I can do to help.

stampcollector

UZI Talk Life Member
I just donated via PayPal.. Very sad Deal.. Lets keep this going for Richard and his family..

glockman

Crushing news. I have never met Richard but hope he can find peace in his heart and in his head. Tough vid to watch. Stay strong brother, you have many, many friends here. Keep it going and drop him a few chips if you can help him and his family in this time of great need.

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
My sympathies to Richard and his family.

For expediency, I donated what I could through his web page. I will send more to his mailing address as I'm able to.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and any donations you could manage. As of yesterday morning we have raised $9800. This will cover the cost of all the funeral arrangements that we are doing and get us well on our way to be able to afford two memorial benches for Michelle. She was a huge genealogy nerd and tracked my family back in this country to Jamestown. Since she loved genealogy so much I want to have one here at a nice cemetery and one up in Cleveland at Lake View Cemetery. This way if someone is trying to track Micki's family in 100 years it is easier for them to find her headstone/bench.

I miss her so much.

Micki did all the office work for BWE so it will take me some time to figure it out once I can bring myself to go into her office. Please be patient and I will get back to work and get gunsmithing done, parts made, and orders filled.

WHIZ

I am so sorry I have been married since 1993 if I lost my wife I would be devastated my thoughts and prayers are with you and will donate today.

Brenden

UZI Talk Life Member
I feel for you Richard!
Deepest sympathy out to you.

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
Just saw this. Very sorry for Richard. Let’s help get him back on his feet.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter