Purchasing First Uzi - 4 Options to Choose From

AgentWanko

Title says it all. I am looking to purchase my first Uzi.

Option 1 - Online seller (reputable guy). Vector.
Option 2, 3, 4 - Viewed in-person. All GI RRs with various different finishes/markings.

Not totally clear on all price points (some GIs were coming from an estate), but ranging from $16k to $19k across the board.

Other than price, what is the one thing you'd be looking at considering the above-mentioned facts? I have very rough (iPhone) photos of each. Sounded like I could get demo shoot for the in-person guns.

If nothing else, I'm just gonna pick the cheapest one that passes the eye test.

Remo Williams 1

Check this thread for some answers.

K2

Hi Agent Wanko,

If you get an old Group uzi and it runs well, disregard. If it tends to fail with extraction/ejection, examine the bolt for a "G" stamped in the side. A fair number of the bolts made by GI had issues with reliable extraction/ejection. Just drop a surplus military bolt in the gun and they are good to go.

Shooting it would be a good idea. You would know if it runs before purchase. A good thing IMHO.

Enjoy,

K2

dbj2003

If efiled you may be in for a surprise. Lots of form 4s coming back in a matter of days recently...

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
I can say that with all the form 4s I have had back in record times in the last two months the one thing I noticed is all transferees included their social security number. Does this affect the speed for transfers I would assume it helps if anything. Most of my customers don't include it why I have no idea seems to me it isolates you from someone with the same name and possible issues in the transfer

Dirk Hawthorne

I can say that with all the form 4s I have had back in record times in the last two months the one thing I noticed is all transferees included their social security number. Does this affect the speed for transfers I would assume it helps if anything. Most of my customers don't include it why I have no idea seems to me it isolates you from someone with the same name and possible issues in the transfer

people are weird about their personal information like their SS number for some reason

it makes zero point zero sense

for banking and government stuff, it would actually greatly benefit you to have it on there, AND THE GOVERNMENT AND BANKS ALREADY KNOW IT ANYWAY

Garrett

people are weird about their personal information like their SS number for some reason

it makes zero point zero sense

for banking and government stuff, it would actually greatly benefit you to have it on there, AND THE GOVERNMENT AND BANKS ALREADY KNOW IT ANYWAY
Identity theft is a thing, and your forms are a gold mine in this regard. I don’t want that info out there any more than it has to be.

Yeah, the gov already has my SSN. But the gun shop employees don’t. And it will be staying that way. It just takes one sloppy dealer, or one unscrupulous FFL’s employee to have your info stolen.

And FWFW, I recently had a 4-day Form 4, and I did not include my SSN on either the Form 4 or the 4473.

Dirk Hawthorne

4 days??

I used to be one of the record holders at about 3 weeks, back when it was taking over a year for some people.

It was a special situation, ATF was super-desperate to get the gun transferred, because the dealer gave up his license.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter