Please help identify this mac11

JT77

IMG_20161011_183810-800x450.jpgA friend of mine is offering a mac11 for sale, i just want help identifying it. It's an open bolt design, and as pictured has original M.A.C. as the maker according to stamp. But according to my research m11 in 9mm was only ever made by SWD and all others are 380 acp/9mm auto k.. I'm confused as this appears to be an authentic mac but according to my research this isn't possible.. please see pictures attached.. any help identifying this would be appreciated.. cheersIMG_20161011_183716-800x450.jpgIMG_20161011_183938-800x450.jpgView attachment 32378

MAC MAN

UZI Talk Life Member
FAKE. The Zip Code in the markings. Cobray Emblem for a Military Armament Gun? It has a stock, so what does the form say on it as to whom made it. It has to be a machine gun or SBW with that stock. RUN AWAY.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I just scanned my MAC MAN book and the Cobray logo, zip code, "Ingram", address, serial number are all weird and do not appear tome to be compatible or go together in any way. Maybe a pic of the Stamp / Form 4 would be useful.

In short what he ^ said, per the Mac Man bible.

Caveat: I know less than Jon Snow and Jon Snow knows nothing.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
It's a clone. The OP didn't state where he or the gun in question are located. Underground gun manufacturing in the Philippines produces "MAC" clones along with just about every other type you can imagine. You can bet these are smuggled all across the world.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qwK1KgL_s

Attachments

• IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 477

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
No need to go to the Philippines.
There was a site (RH Custom) up for years (gone now) out of Sweden. It had bent frames with all the proper lettering (yes mistakes only an RKI would catch) along with tubes, internals, Glock FA sears etc. One can only assume that more than one got through US Customs. While most here would cringe at the thought, or assume it was all nefarious, I'm convinced many were ordered in ignorance. You see a lot of misinformed kids out there trying to buy stuff online that looks "cool" just like in their video games etc.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Server acting up. Please delete double post if possible.

Last edited:

Esox

dnmccoy

UZI Talk Supporter
I saw at least 4 or 5 swd m11/9. Not sure if they are semi or full auto, but I gotta think that chips away at the numbers left on the registry

JohnFreeman

UZI Talk Supporter
I love the write-ups for 1 round of ammunition ("value=$0.10").

No wonder there's no time for processing NFA paperwork.

wrongrecroom

the stock could be welded in place ..The PPS43 clones out have the stocks on them but welded ... but yes the marking

If nfa look at the form
If the stocks works and it is not papered run like heck

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes...that was a most enlightening read. I wonder how many of those so called "machine gun sears" were just 80% inert pieces of metal? I had them come and seize some once. Gave me a receipt and then stole them. Well, I could have posted a $2500 bond against them and hired a lawyer to get them back. Not likely for $200 worth of parts. Thieves!

Esox

I had them come and seize some once. Gave me a receipt and then stole them. Well, I could have posted a $2500 bond against them and hired a lawyer to get them back. Not likely for $200 worth of parts. Thieves!

Please do elaborate if you feel comfortable doing so. How can the ATF permanently seize your property without due process or charge you with a violation?

macrobert

Hmm, quite a mixed breed you have there. It doesn't appear to have the trigger guard welded. That also gives it the Texas Mac characteristic....
Full auto?

What is the price for it?

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Given the way this thread has gone we may never hear from JT77 again. I see no way this gun could legally be in the Registry if full auto and doubtful it is legal even if semi.

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
Q1: I have never seen the Cobray/Sionics logo on the side of the mag, who built that? Q2: Would that zipcode be correct for Marrietta GA?

KitATX

Whatever else may be going on with that gun, 30062 is a Zip Code for the northeastern part of Marrietta, GA. 440 Glover St SE would be in 30060, however, and that's the only address I could come up with for MAC in Marietta.

Cheers,
-Kit

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter