Oil and ammo???

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Got in a little range time today... Weather hit the 60s but windy as heck... must have at least 40mph gusts... Hard to keep accurate... Weather is supposed to turn cold for the next week... High about 40 at best...

In my range box I had a bottle of oil leak a while back... It leaked on 3 clips of 9mm. I hosed them off with carb cleaner and let them dry for a while on the bench in the garage... Tried them out today... Yes oil will trash ammo... Be carefull... 2 clips had Winchester white box... Many light and erratic loads... 2 complete fail to fires. Primers were dented HARD... The one clip of Wolf ammo seemed to do quite better. Run pretty well couple light rounds... Yes checked barrel each time... Glad to have them gone...

Still had a good time...

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
MuzzleFlash said:
oil is the death of primers

Pulled the couple of bullets that didn't fire... Yea carefully... Powder looked fine... I think it got to the primers... BTW didn't think it would leak into the cases... But glad the ammo is all gone now...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter