New to the Sterling wold

azdskin

UZI Talk Supporter
I am interested in buying a Sterling SMG. I have been doing some looking and and found one in the Shot Gun News and is reported to be built on registered Sterling tube. Is this different than a Sterling built on a registered Sten tube? I thought that they all were built on Sten tubes. It was built by John Andrewski of Johns Guns. Would this be a quality build?

Also what is a good price for a form 3 transfer?

David Skinner
Yuma, AZ

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the group azdskin.

Yes, there is a difference between a sten and a sterling tube. Here's some info on it from MuzzleFlash:

The easiest way to tell is to measure the width of the cocking slot. 0.25" is the Sterling dimension, both Sten Mk II & Mk V are 0.375. The ATF does not allow changes to this dimension so the Stenlings use Sterling parts with a custom machined cocking handle.

Andrewski guns are considered about the best!

azdskin

UZI Talk Supporter
Hello az paul. Thanks for the warm welcome. My residence is in Yuma but I am currently working/living in Iraq. I have access to a Sterling SMG here. I will try to take a pic and post it here later. I have spoken to Recon Ord about the Sterleings he has for sale and I am inclined to buy one. The only problem is I would have to sell one of my other MG to do this deal. I have a couple H&R Reising's and M11/9's. I thought about getting rid of one of them to finance this deal.

By the way the new price for a Sterling from Recon Ord is $6900.

David

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
Hiya David,

That's a tough call. I received my Reising about a month ago and love it. It's very reliable and fairly easy to control. I've heard nothing but praise about the Sterlings, as well.

When you're back this way, let's get together for a shoot.

I believe the UZI Shoot II will be in Las Vegas in March, and many of us will be bringing Sterlings, as well as UZIs. Maybe you could time your visit home to meet a bunch of us.

Regards,

Paul

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter