New MAX-11/15 Videos

speeddemon02

Last edited:

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member

Absolute M11

I’ve been on the list since I sent my paperwork 9 months ago to the atf to get my new M11 and hope I can spare that much money when my number is up. Although I keep thinking about everyone I know with a m16 has converted it to a 9mm upper. That being said, as a business owner myself Richard can charge whatever he needs to make a living. It wouldn’t be the first thing I really wanted and could not afford.

ballistic1

I read through these threads and just shake my head in utter amazement.
People complaining about price when the topic is NFA. Seriously?
So you bought a Mac series gun because it is/ was... the cheapest way to own
NFA. And now the complaining starts because an upper is coming to market that is
perhaps a few hundred dollars more than anticipated..

Are you guys for real? Seriously?
It is not that difficult a decision here..
.. if you want arguably the single biggest NFA advancement to hit
the Mac marketplace seen in years, then you will find a way to source those missing dollars from
your initial budget plan.

Come on people.. what difference does it really make? 2000$ vs $3000.. ? Or anywhere in between.
Its a few hundred dollars at most, if any..

Every single person on this wait list can find a way if they truly want this..

Sell that AR. Quit eating out. Don't shoot for a few months, bam.. ammo cost savings alone should do it.

Anyone here expressing distaste for anticipated pricing being higher should take a close look at facts:

A) Mak91 did this forum and the whole Mac world an unbelievable favor by releasing his brainchild design
Without asking for a red cent in royalties

Hello... this is amazing

B) Richard Lage now has it, because he is awesome and Mak91 knew it.

We all should be humbled by both Mak91 and Lage and Company's hard work and gracious endeavours, and
their willingness to conceive, share, and bring this to fruition..

...Rather than slinging unwarranted opinions about price conjecture.

This product concept is nothing short of amazing.. even more amazing is that the ATF is so far on board with it.

Of course anyone would want it to be inexpensive. Who wouldn't?
That is normal.

R&D costs money. Period.

So instead of griping about supposed higher final pricepoints, how about
saying thank you to Mak91 and Lage instead. Yes Sir.

I personally do not care what it costs, I will buy every model Lage brings to market.
I already own every model upper and will continue to support Lage and these new innovations, just
like I bought all the CF/W bolt versions.

Every single Mac RR owner following this concept already has made the investment to own these
NFA niche guns.. spending potentially a few hundred dollars more than anticipated should not be
a deal breaker on any accord.

Thank you Mak91 and Lage

FAL

Well said. Thank you Mak 91 and Lage.

I'm #76 on the list and I can't wait to be contacted.

Captain murrica

UZI Talk Supporter
It seems we’ve come full kumbaya circle here and I think the need for going on in circles has probably run it’s course, but let me share a few parting thoughts. Anyone who pretends they don’t understand the head scratch many are doing over the price flip flop are just being dishonest with themselves, it’s not hard to see why. That being said let me inform all the lage fanboys I referred to in a previous post that I am one too. I’ve got thousands of dollars worth of lage in my safe and have been eagerly awaiting the release of the max11/15. Everything they put their name on is top notch and why it’s so highly regarded. I’ve got no problem with lage or Richard or anyone with a different view of the price, I(and probably others less willing to speak up) just got a bad vibe on how it’s went down. For me it would have been better if it wasn’t a surprise. One post of hey people it’s gonna cost more because parts, machining, or even I just want to make more money because I think it’s worth it. I don’t think I’m entitled to that I would just have appreciated it. I’m a business owner and capitalist so more power to him to make as much money for his company and family he can. I’m still eagerly awaiting it’s release and a definitive price so I know how much I have to tell the wife I’m spending. Thanks for keeping it classy, I hope I did in return.

speeddemon02

While I agree and say thank you towards mak91 and Richard, ballistic1 I do have issue with the use of hundreds of dollars when a thousand dollars is different and when you are thinking of multiple then thousands of dollars is very different. 2k vs 3k on 1 upper isnt as big as say getting 3 uppers, thats 6k vs 9k.

At a certain point the term budget NFA is not realistic comparatively speaking and looking at other NFA avenues to reach ones goal seems to be more appealing.

Ericoak I only use steel cased 7.62/5.45x39 ammo and only use brass cased 5.56 ammo and buy in large bulk.

LawBob

LawBob

While I agree and say thank you towards mak91 and Richard, ballistic1 I do have issue with the use of hundreds of dollars when a thousand dollars is different and when you are thinking of multiple then thousands of dollars is very different. 2k vs 3k on 1 upper isnt as big as say getting 3 uppers, thats 6k vs 9k.

At a certain point the term budget NFA is not realistic comparatively speaking and looking at other NFA avenues to reach ones goal seems to be more appealing.

Ericoak I only use steel cased 7.62/5.45x39 ammo and only use brass cased 5.56 ammo and buy in large bulk.

Don’t go there

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
So far, no problem with steel cased ammo. With my informal testing, steel has performed fine. Most of it is underpowered though, compared to M193. Still, not a problem, just adjust the adjustable gas block. Does shoot real smooth though! The barrel is chrome lined so I am sure that helps. My only concern would be lacquer coated steel cases. Haven’t tested it yet. Regardless, we will determine warranty issues related to ammo after reviewing the Beta Test Data.

Captain murrica

UZI Talk Supporter
So far, no problem with steel cased ammo. With my informal testing, steel has performed fine. Most of it is underpowered though, compared to M193. Still, not a problem, just adjust the adjustable gas block. Does shoot real smooth though! The barrel is chrome lined so I am sure that helps. My only concern would be lacquer coated steel cases. Haven’t tested it yet. Regardless, we will determine warranty issues related to ammo after reviewing the Beta Test Data.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
It seems we’ve come full kumbaya circle here and I think the need for going on in circles has probably run it’s course, but let me share a few parting thoughts. Anyone who pretends they don’t understand the head scratch many are doing over the price flip flop are just being dishonest with themselves, it’s not hard to see why. That being said let me inform all the lage fanboys I referred to in a previous post that I am one too. I’ve got thousands of dollars worth of lage in my safe and have been eagerly awaiting the release of the max11/15. Everything they put their name on is top notch and why it’s so highly regarded. I’ve got no problem with lage or Richard or anyone with a different view of the price, I(and probably others less willing to speak up) just got a bad vibe on how it’s went down. For me it would have been better if it wasn’t a surprise. One post of hey people it’s gonna cost more because parts, machining, or even I just want to make more money because I think it’s worth it. I don’t think I’m entitled to that I would just have appreciated it. I’m a business owner and capitalist so more power to him to make as much money for his company and family he can. I’m still eagerly awaiting it’s release and a definitive price so I know how much I have to tell the wife I’m spending. Thanks for keeping it classy, I hope I did in return.

I work in the world of Dilbert. As a software developer my boss is always coming to me and saying "we have a new project for you to work on, how long will it take to do ?" . My response is always the same "exactly what is it that you want done ?" and the reply is always "we don't know yet but how long will it take ?". Expecting a estimate a year ago, 6 months or even 3 months ago to be accurate is not very realistic. The beta testing is really just beginning, things could need tweaking or changes made. IMHO I would think the concrete is still not completely dry on the price. I am sure when it does dry Richard will let us all know.

And you guys are welcome. When I told Richard I would send him the prototype I told him I was a shooter and all I really wanted was a high quality rifle caliber upper to shoot on my mac's and for the rest of the mac world to enjoy too.

Ericoak

You would run steel 5.45 and 7.62 through this upper but not 5.56? Why? If you said you didn't run steel period that would be one thing, but you obviously don't have a problem running steel...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter