New C3 Purchase

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm looking at getting an Olympic Arms RR receiver. How do these compare to Colt, BM, etc? So far I haven't heard anything bad about them. I'm more interested in fit and function, than name brand. (Yes, I own a Vector!:D ) Any opinions?

Also, Oly Arms is offering to take your old receiver and give you a new one for $250 with the same serial. Any idea how the ATF feels about this?

Thanks ahead of time!

M_J

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
montana_jeepn said:
Also, Oly Arms is offering to take your old receiver and give you a new one for $250 with the same serial. Any idea how the ATF feels about this? M_J

I've always heard that the ATF does not allow it. It would be hard for anyone to prove but I doubt the ATF would give their blessing.

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
I just spoke with my dealer. I'm going to get a EA RR lower with 4 position (full, burst, semi, safe) converted by Wilson, with a Colt 20 in upper, with 4 pos stock. I can't wait to get it!:)

New toys!!!!!

M_J

dan d.

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for all the great info! This is a great site!

But of course, more questions!:)

Has anyone heard good or bad about EA receivers? Are they cast and is that bad? Any other problems? Sorry about all the questions, just its a pretty big purchase and I want to be as educated as possible. Thanks!

M_J

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
GOOD PRICE ON RR?

Thanks for the link! Good information.

Is $7800 for a RR forged Olympic Arms lower a good price? Its in excellent shape.

Thanks!

M_J

dan d.

That sounds about average. So are you going to have them remanufacture the reciever? I would have them do it in stainless steel! Titanium would be neat but it has a tendency to flex which could pose some problems in a FA.

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
I bought it!!

Well.....I bought it! Oly RR converted by Frankford. And I'm having my dealer send it back to the factory to get redone. I should see it in 6 months! :( Oh well, it will be worth it!

Thanks for everyones "words of wisdom". I've learned to ask before I buy.:)

M_J

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter