Need some help with values

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
Long story short, relative of a relative passed away and I'm trying to help the family.

Here is most of his ammo stash.

I'm trying to get some idea as to value.

I know shipping would be a probable deal breaker, so I'm figuring on local sales (OK/North TX).

Any help in the valuation department would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• Attach0.jpg
    Attach0.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Attach01.jpg
    Attach01.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Attach03s.jpg
    Attach03s.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 233

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
Thats gonna take some time.....

the stenciled markings on the boxes are a start, but don't mean much....

for instance....is the 1920rds .30 cal carbine 1950's LC, new commercial, or recent S. Korean surplus?

Same goes for the 7.62 and 5.56.....origin and manufacturer/age make a difference.

I'd see if any is still in its original packaging first.....then you can get a better idea of value.

You've got your work cut out for you......I've been trying to sell a good quantity of 7.62 locally......don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping, but I'm surrounded by cheap-asses who want me to meet them half way to their place and sell for give-away pricing

pjm204

Shipping is easy. It's just not cheap. Right now is probably the best time to be selling ammo in many years. If it were me I'd throw that ammo up on Gunbroker (actually if I were you I'd just buy it all if the price were right) and make a killing on it. Charge the buyer for shipping.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
From kali to PA shipping on 500 rounds of 308/7.62x51 was 38 dollars last July

That was commercial ammo in the winchester, pmc, & black rain 20 round boxes.

So shipping isn't really a deal breaker but needs paid by the buyer.

Also ammo has to ship from a ups hub.

Now is a good time to sell, agreed date of mfg. production name, and even sometimes lot number matter with mil sure.

Good luck with the sale.
I'd be interested in some m1 30 cal. When you get to it so long as it's reloadable and more then likely it is.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Im am in north TX and would be interested in it, depending on pricing

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I sold a ton of 762x25 this spring in the 1260 round tins. I found the best way to ship is to go to UPS.com and search up 'Simple Rate' (https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/shipping/simple-rate.page). It's a trade name for their flat rate shipping program. You can ship up to 50 pounds for under $25 across the country (no AK and HI), less if the box is smaller. You get $100 insurance and they take ammo without any extra charges. I shipped tins of ammo as far as California for $18. You fill in the details and pay for it online and print your own shipping label. Because it's ammo you do have to drop it off at a UPS terminal, you can't use the UPS Stores or drop boxes. Don't even think about asking at the UPS Store or their terminals, they know nothing about it.

Deerhurst

I'd be willing to pay pre PLANdemic prices for ammo as long as I know origin, condition, etc. Unfortunately on the seller side, many of us are holding out for prices to normalize again.

5.56, 7.62 Russian, Tokarev, 9mm, 45ACP, 5.45x39mm mostly what I'm interested in. Can't quite see what all is in the photo on mobile.

Bret

I bet those nice cases are not full of their original ammunition. Regardless, it's going to be worth good money right now. You need to be willing to ship if you're going to get the current market prices.

Brenden

UZI Talk Life Member
That looks so much better than Capone’s vault😎
Hope it was all kept properly!
Good luck with it all

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I bet those nice cases are not full of their original ammunition. Regardless, it's going to be worth good money right now. You need to be willing to ship if you're going to get the current market prices.

I really doubt those cases are USGI / original. Condition is too nice and uniform, the stenciling and placement is too 'good' and and usually these were made from plank lumber, not plywood. The hardware looks to be correct USGI though.
My guess is the previous owner enjoyed making them and they served a real use. Great idea if you have the storage space.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m in North TX also and would be interested also depending on price. I agree that those crates are not original GI so would need to know origin and age if ammo. Hopefully original packaging is in crates.

ratski

UZI Talk Life Member
Wanted to thank everyone and update them.

I went to the location for the family and did a rather extensive photo inventory for them.
Gave my opinions on cost and pricing and where to consider listing.
Even had a few buyers lined up.
Guess that they decided to sell on their own and/or keep it.
Haven't heard much from them.

Dave

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Hope ya got a cup of coffee out of the deal at least.

I found over the last 5 months or so with the ammo price spike even people that are not into guns have been selling what ever they have once they see the going rate.

Even RTG was selling the German MEN 9mm for 35 a box + shipping & tax and it sold fast.
I get flyers often for 69 cent p.r. 9mm and 50 and up per round for 223 .

Pretty sick when 9mm is out pacing 223 by 20 cents per. and that's just the 115 grn paper plate killer stuff.

I'd suspect they to saw what it's bringing and figured they'd capitalize on it themselves 100%

I'd just settle for some 30 carbine brass to reload at this point.

unclebear

I would love to see what is in the safes shown in the pictures. Military smokes and star clusters in plywood boxes so......

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter