MAC 11 conversion to .22TCM?

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Wowsers. Is that for the baby MAC?
No Sorry Matt, Big Mac aka m10. Just finished assembling it, has not been test fired yet. Would you like to do the honors ?

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Of course. How do we make that happen?

I'm sure we can find someone in DFW to let us use a M10.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Please send 2 uppers Mike. Duel wielding testing requires balance.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
No worries, I got this. I'll post a new topic on the upper once I get it running. Now back to your regular scheduled program. Sorry for the side track.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Gaujo, Do you have an extra M11A1 spring for the CFW bolt? I can send you a uncut orange spring for testing the TCM barrel. Just make sure it's not too long and bottoms out on the coils.

Last edited:

jbntex

Just an update on my 22TCM9R barrel adventure.

I tried the full size CFW tungsten bolt with a standard M11/9 recoil spring and one of the Lage thicker/softer neoprene buffers and the rate of fire and recoil was still ridiculous.

I have one of the Practical Solution Mini-Uzi side folder stocks on my M11 where the stock backplate has short arms that go into the receiver and it gets locked down with a friction style bolt that replaced the OEM spring loaded mag catch.

The recoil with the 22TCM barrel even with the full size tungsten bolt, full size recoil spring, and softer buffer is to the point that even when shouldered the stock was essentially getting "slide hammered" out of the back of the receiver due to the rearward recoil impulse. After shooting a handful of rounds I noticed a growing gap between the receiver backplate and the stock backplate as the rearward recoil was intense enough that the stock started sliding out the back of the receiver. Thinking "that's odd" maybe the stock retaining bolt was not tight enough, I loosened the retaining bolt, slid the stock back in to the rear of the receiver so it was flush with the backplate again, and tightened the stock retaining stock bolt good and tight. I shot maybe another half mag of rounds and sure enough the stock was sliding out the back of the gun again.

I also noticed that in order to get the gun to run in full auto I had to remove the semi-auto disconnector. It seems like the recoil energy is enough and the gun jumps bad enough that the recoil impulse alone is able to make the semi-auto disconnector lever knock the disconnector hook off the trigger even when set to full auto. So even in full auto it was primarily single shot with a rare 2rd auto burst. (never had this issue in the 25 years I have owned and shot this gun in 9mm) Only way to get "reliable" full auto (minus the FTF failures) was to remove the semi-disconnector at which point it was full auto until the next FTF failure.

At this point out of concern for damaging my M11 receiver by blowing out the backplate or egging out the front pin hole given the clearly perceived increase in recoil and ROF, the stock being slide hammered out of the back of the gun and the weird semi-auto disconnector issue, I stopped testing and am calling it a day with this barrel.

On top of the recoil issues, overall reliability is also really poor, where I was lucky to get three or four rounds off before a FTF jam/failure occurs. Given the number of FTF failures its also probably just a matter of time before you get unlucky and the fixed firing pin finds a primer with the round not properly seated in the chamber.

At this point, I am probably going to sell the remaining couple boxes of 22TCM9R ammo and dispose of the 22TCMR9 barrel out of liability concerns.

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Gaujo, Do you have an extra M11A1 spring for the CFW bolt? I can send you a uncut orange spring for testing the TCM barrel. Just make sure it's not too long and bottoms out on the coils.
I should. I will check and post back.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter