MAC 10 .45 and UZ. 45 how can do both? Suppress?

decay

If a had a 9mm I could go 3 lug,
but I have a .45.
M10 is MPA is the old Sonics RH thead.
next I need to have my barrel threaded.(for my Uzi, full size.)

I want to get a SilencerCo Octane .45.( form 4 to my NFA trust.)

How can I do this ONE suppressor for 2 .45 gun??

Any suggestions?

Thanks from snowy Oregon!

TexTenn59

Not sure about Octane, but for my Bowers I just buy the proper adaptor and screw it in snug and start shooting. Bowers has an adaptor that threads on in place of the barrel nut.

wtrski76

UZI Talk Life Member
Fixed barrel adapters are available for the octane are available from silencerco for many different thread patterns and you can get your barrels threaded to match, or you could get adapters from TROS (trosusa.com) but the best way to do it on an uzi is to get an uzi barrel nut mount from silencerhq.com here:
http://www.silencerhq.com/SilencerHQ-UZI-Octane-Adapter-p/uzia1-112528-m26.htm.
Remember, the less number of thread adapters the better. Maybe consider having a custom mount made to fit the sionics threads and thread directly into the Octane. TROS can probably do that for you too - he makes all kinds of adapters and mounts, some of which are not listed on his site, just call and talk to Mark.

Last edited:

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
I would go with a Bowers or Aklys and get the proper adapters with them.

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
I used to run my Sionics .45 can on the 9mm Uzi with a bbl. nut to 7/8-9 adaptor......required the bbl. being cut about an inch or so......with smaller diameter wipes, the Sionics .45 can (with spiral diffusers) was just as quiet as my buds 9mm Gemtech.........

okgunrunner

Tom is amazing to deal with. He upgraded my CAC9 and it fits my Uzi, Mac, and my 9mm SBR.

decay

I email SilencerCO today and see what they say about M10 mounts and if you can put a Can on my MAC! ( see what thread adapter for it).

I will look in to Bowers they are Local! made here in OR-E-GUN ! no gon!

PDXsparky

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm another (Tom) Bowers can owner. Get the Vers 45 or the Vers 45s. With the proper versadaptor, you can mount it on nears everything.

For example, I have a Vers 9s. I can use it on my M11/9 no matter which upper it is wearing. I can use it on my MP5 clone pistol (SBR form 1 submitted) and I will be able to use it on the Vector FA Uzi that's in NFA jail with the barrel nut adaptor.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
thread your Mac barrel

i use my Octane .45 on all of subguns and 2 handguns

all you need is 2 fixed mount adapters for your Octane and your set for the subguns

only problem i have is using it on my handguns...the piston mount wont go in because the blast chamber is always dirty....and cleaning the octane blast chamber is a multi-day 2 hour process

i dont know if other cans are designed differently, but if you plan to use for both handgun/subgun its something i would look into....i chose the Sparrow .22 suppressor because of its different design...i wasnt going to buy another suppressor i had to put 2 hours into with harsh chemicals and a screwdriver so i can shoot my handguns

the Octane .45 is a very good performing can...works well on the Mac and Uzi

decay

contact Lage Mgf.

Most suppressor manufacturers are not going to make a mount for the 7/8-9 thread. It is a large loose thread and allows the suppressor to loosen easily when fired.

My recommendation is to find a company that will thread the existing barrel 5/8-24 and use their mount. We do not offer barrel threading services.

Best Regards,

Richard Lage
Owner
Lage Manufacturing, LLC

So I think Is scene this before, I think some make a step adapter 7/8-9 RH to 5/8 24 and tac weld to MAC10 45 barrel.......or get new barrel in 5/8-24.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter