M11 Folding Stock - advice/recommendations sought

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
probably should clarify that I am referring to an swd m11 9mm not a mac m11 .380

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Lots of different opinions on stocks out there, but I’ll give you my opinion. I like a the aluminum adapter from Lage with a double star ace side folding mechanism that you s designed to take an ar15 style buffer tube. Then you can use your preference of the many ar15 collapsible buttstocks out there (I like Magpul). As a side note, you can machine the end off of the buffer tube and store a copy of your stamp and “papers” in there. If you are going to shoot a red dot sight, this setup works great. If you want to use oem style uppers, you will need to put some of the Lage “wedges” in between the adapter and the folding mechanism to angle the stock down slightly (so you can see the sight posts). If you want to switch in between, you can use a cheek riser comb on the slightly angled stock to shoot the higher red dot sight. I actually have (2) Magpul butts, one with a cheek riser, and one without. It’s easy to switch them out when I switch uppers.

There will likely be others who will have very different opinions on this topic. My setup has treated me well. It is comfortable, and performs well when shooting matches.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here’s a pic of the setup on my baby Mac. My m11/9 is set up just like it. Just have to keep the stock collaped when shooting.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Thank you much for the advice and pictures! I don't own an AR so all things AR are a little foreign to me. I really like Lage's extender that is basically an improvement on the original wire stock but I'm wanting something a bit more solid now that I have the 11/15 on my lower.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
You asked for other options. The Lage adapter uses ACE pattern, thus any of their adapters could be used with it. That includes the ar-15 pigtail, which allows you to use AR stocks, as well as their AK direct attach stock options.

There are at least dozens of options just from Ace and some from Lage too.

Then there are the newest options which are dedicated adapters for one stock, like the ACR, Zhukov and others
https://norse-forge.com/

WarHound1

they all use an ACE type pattern and similar folder to ACE. I have the same kit from USMG, works fine. I removed the stock and mounted their machined rail then a Sig Folder.

sparky923

You asked for other options. The Lage adapter uses ACE pattern, thus any of their adapters could be used with it. That includes the ar-15 pigtail, which allows you to use AR stocks, as well as their AK direct attach stock options.

There are at least dozens of options just from Ace and some from Lage too.

Then there are the newest options which are dedicated adapters for one stock, like the ACR, Zhukov and others
https://norse-forge.com/
Did not realize NorseForge was restocked! ;)
I’ve used the Lage pig nose adapter with ACE folder, then the pig nose with a vz58 folder, and now using the NF/Magpul Zhukov folding stock. If it’s available, I’d say go that route.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks for the feedback. Norse Forge Zhukov was my first choice (liked the aesthetic) but he is out of them. Talked to him on the phone, super nice guy, just doesn't have any right now or plans to produce. He did say though that he had some CZ's. That was about three months ago now. Has there been a change in status with the Zhukov since then? Little off topic but was the Zhukov stock named after Georgy Zhukov who (among many other items of historical interest) arrested Lavrentiy Beria?

sparky923

Thanks for the feedback. Norse Forge Zhukov was my first choice (liked the aesthetic) but he is out of them. Talked to him on the phone, super nice guy, just doesn't have any right now or plans to produce. He did say though that he had some CZ's. That was about three months ago now. Has there been a change in status with the Zhukov since then? Little off topic but was the Zhukov stock named after Georgy Zhukov who (among many other items of historical interest) arrested Lavrentiy Beria?
Check out Guajo’s link. There appear to be 5 in stock.

bruh44

Not a fan of US machinegun in. They’ve done a few shitty things to me and a few other users on here. I got the Lage adapter and the older CZ steel wire stock. It’s not drop in but if you can drill and tap, or bring it to a Smith, I think it’s the best option for the M11/9.

SecondAmend

I don't have an M11/9, but I do have an M11-380; and after trying several other types of collapsible and/or folding stocks, I've gone back to the original wire collapse and fold on top stock, even for the 9mm Suomi mag upper application. Gordon Ingram knew what he was doing.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments. Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
Not a fan of US machinegun in. They’ve done a few shitty things to me and a few other users on here. I got the Lage adapter and the older CZ steel wire stock. It’s not drop in but if you can drill and tap, or bring it to a Smith, I think it’s the best option for the M11/9.

CZ wire stock? Pics please

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I don't have an M11/9, but I do have an M11-380; and after trying several other types of collapsible and/or folding stocks, I've gone back to the original wire collapse and fold on top stock, even for the 9mm Suomi mag upper application. Gordon Ingram knew what he was doing.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer; and I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation for endorsements or favorable public or private comments. Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

That stock is a great idea, but conventional wisdom has basically coalesced around it being dangerous due to its ability to collapse during shooting. I've had mine collapse during shooting, and it was scary. There have been people who have fixed the lockup to make it reliable however and that might be ok. I for one shoot more accurately with a consistent cheek weld, which I cannot get with any wire stock in general, but the aesthetic and practical appeal of that original stock I agree are undeniable, especially if one were going to use it for real.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter