M11/180

ballistic1

Holy Moses.. It appears your Genius knows no bounds.
Unbelievable.. Fantastic work.
I want on your list should you ever be so inclined.

cherenkov

Any thought as to going to a FN PS90 mag and 5.7x28 upper in some way?

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Any thought as to going to a FN PS90 mag and 5.7x28 upper in some way?
Actually I have had some thoughts about that as I have a bunch of those ps90 mags but have other things I'm working on right now. Maybe someday.

Deerhurst

This is pretty slick. About a half hour from me is am AM180 outfit. I hear he does great work.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
This is not the update I wanted to give but it is what it is. I have spent way to much time trying to get this upper receiver running well and I think its time to move on. I think using the mag well for the ejection port was a bad idea, it just seems to allow to many opportunities for spent rounds to bounce around and not make it out of the receiver. It also makes it hell trying to figure out feeding issues since the top of the chamber is blocked by the drum and the long mag well makes it impossible to see anything from the bottom. So on to version 2 with a right side ejection port. This design should make the transition to the baby mac possible as there was no way the mag well ejection port would have worked with the short receiver. I've got the 3d models done and I've started 3d printing some of the parts for fitment but now that warmer weather is here my spare time is going to be limited so its going to be awhile before I'll have the prototype built and be able to start testing it. Version 1 and version 2 below.

View attachment 38163View attachment 38164
Still very cool!

Slowmo

This is not the update I wanted to give but it is what it is. I have spent way to much time trying to get this upper receiver running well and I think its time to move on. I think using the mag well for the ejection port was a bad idea, it just seems to allow to many opportunities for spent rounds to bounce around and not make it out of the receiver. It also makes it hell trying to figure out feeding issues since the top of the chamber is blocked by the drum and the long mag well makes it impossible to see anything from the bottom. So on to version 2 with a right side ejection port. This design should make the transition to the baby mac possible as there was no way the mag well ejection port would have worked with the short receiver. I've got the 3d models done and I've started 3d printing some of the parts for fitment but now that warmer weather is here my spare time is going to be limited so its going to be awhile before I'll have the prototype built and be able to start testing it. Version 1 and version 2 below.

View attachment 38163View attachment 38164
Any updates on how Version 2 is going?

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Any updates on how Version 2 is going?
So V2 was built and it runs better than V1 but still not good enough for prime time. I have been trying to get a way with a simple 1 piece feed block with no moving parts unlike the original feed block which has spring loaded arms that help feed the rounds. With the rounds feeding from the top down and all the different renditions of feed blocks I have tried I'm thinking the simple feed block idea is not going to work well enough. So this upper has been put back on the back burner for further brainstorming . I've got 3 shot gun uppers for the mac's that I am in various stages with and a design for a upper with a removable barrel / mag well. These other uppers will most likely get worked on first. The m10/12ga that I briefly talked about in another thread runs, I need to do a video and start a thread on it and do a bit more testing before offering it up to Sam for ATF submission. So all I can say is all kinds of things are being worked on and someday "if the good lord willing and the creek don't rise" be available for all to play with.

mwarnick1

While a 180 upper would be great, a 12G upper is the holy grail!

Thanks for the updates and prototypes

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter