M10 45 acp magazines

Kkontx

Have a Powder Springs M10/45 coming in sometime in the future. Ordered a Lage mag catch. I should now be able to use all unmodified grease gun mags with the new catch correct?

Is there a good source for magazines? I see there are brand new keepshooting/united defense magazines. Are they reliable or stick with GI used magazines?

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Correct. The Lage mag catch will permit the use of both modified and unmodified Grease Gun magazines. I use USGI simply magazines simply because I have numerous ones, but I have heard positive feedback regarding the KeepShooting Magazines.

Deerhurst

From my experience the keep shooting mags are nowhere near as nice and beefy as the USGI GG mags. That said, I currently do not have anything but USGI mags.

boomer535

From my experience the keep shooting mags are nowhere near as nice and beefy as the USGI GG mags. That said, I currently do not have anything but USGI mags.
The keep shooting magazines I got were virtually identical to GI GG magazines except they were finished better.

Deerhurst

The keep shooting magazines I got were virtually identical to GI GG magazines except they were finished better.
I must have them confused with another aftermarket GG mag then.

Finished better? All my GI mags are fine.

LawBob

The gg mags are parked or blued. The KS gg mags are painted or Cerakoted(?): and are shiny. I think that’s what he means

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
Like others have said, the Keepshooting GG mags I have are identical to USGI mags.

Mine are blued, black in appearance.

LawBob

Like others have said, the Keepshooting GG mags I have are identical to USGI mags.

Mine are blued, black in appearance.
Ok. Prob black phosphate or similar blueing.

I have blued and parked GGs also

I only use like 4 mags and one KS

They all work great. I’m a mag whore. Lots of unused mags.

boomer535

I saw a video from someone who said the keep shooting magazines don’t feed steel cased ammo. I never shoot steel cased ammo so I have not seen this.

majinebz

Boomer is correct. Keep Shooting M3 GG magazines. Change your catch to a dual mag catch, fire unmodified GG. Nice blue finish, very slick, not oversized or too tight in the magwell. I bought like 12 of them a while back. Sold off all my old USGI mags with the catches nipped/cut.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I saw a video from someone who said the keep shooting magazines don’t feed steel cased ammo. I never shoot steel cased ammo so I have not seen this.
This is correct. I did a video on it and that was my finding. The keepshooting mags are well made and are great for brass, but just don't like steel cased ammo.

Last edited:

majinebz

Wonder why that is? He is to far away to see the action, it looks like it is a failure to feed.

I don't shoot steel in my MG, and Lage says no to wolf in their slow fire uppers so never encountered this.

Wolf steel is under powered compared to most brass manufactured ammunition, I wonder if there is some extra drag from the metal of the case material, that and Id bet the springs in the keep shooting are alot stronger then the old USGI.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter