LAW tube and 66mm rocket

slimshady

3D printed? The fellow that manages to invent C4 filament for DIY shaped charges will be a millionaire! "Don't try this at home kids, we're what you call EXPERTS!"

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
3D printed? The fellow that manages to invent C4 filament for DIY shaped charges will be a millionaire! "Don't try this at home kids, we're what you call EXPERTS!"
Yes, printed in two pieces, warhead and rocket. No active warhead, but we’re going to test rockets in it.
I also found some cans that fit the tube nicely, so I may devise a 3D printed rocket section and tail that snaps onto the can. Low print cost per piece… to make disposable rockets.

Starvingboy

I’ve been down this path. I made a piece that fit into the back of the tube so you could use the original firing system to launch the rocket. Pretty cool toy.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
So question, if you are making inert rockets (that do launch) do you have to register the launcher as a dd?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Model rocket motors?

What keeps the rockets flying any more stable than Zimbabwe?

litfire145

I went down this road on activating an RPG-2. A model rocket motor will have a lot of hot exhaust as it leaves the barrel and not fly vertical. You want a propellent that is nearly completely burnt up before it leaves the barrel. The prevailing thought from the RPG guys is a black powder charge to get that force needed.

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
I built a potato cannon completely inside of a demilled spanish bazooka. It even uses the original trigger where I built a bracket to hold a couple piezo igniters.

I always meant to build one in a LAW tube.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
When I was in the Military, I could have gotten a Dragon tube. We lived in a tiny place, and just didn't have the room.
That would have made one hell of a launcher for something!

Jones

I'd read up on what constitutes "fixed ammunition"; i.e. shell case, primer, propellant, projectile all in one "unit".
I think the artillery guys are getting way with it by loading projectile, then bagged powder charge, then primer.
Disclaimer: "Free advice is worth what you pay for it".

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Not looking to launch explosives out of a fiberglass tube adjacent to my head! Probably just propellant only.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter