Just traded for an MP5......

compuvette

UZI Talk Supporter
Well guys, I finally had to come to terms with my desire to own an MP5. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't need one....., But I finally gave in. :D Anyway, I traded my micro and my mini for it (I have another mini in the works anyway). It's a Flemming sear conversion of an SP89 into an MP5K-PDW. What do you think?

tony k

FFL/C&R
What do I think? I think when you finally get it and your other toys in hands, y'all should file some 5320s and bring 'em down here to Florida so I can play with them!

Seriously, with a full-size and a mini your Uzi needs should be met. I wish I had some spare MGs to trade for an MP5. :(

Congrats!

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
being you have a mini on the way .. most likely new .. and then this mp5k .. and hopefully a full size .. your golden .. the mirco's are cool and you can find another down the road .. that my friend is a nice piece .. i love the mp5kpdw's .. they are F'in awesome ..

Deanh

The MP5K is an excellent SMG, it shoots and feels so different from the UZI that you have to have both.

With the sear a whole world of expensive hosts has opened up to you. I have a G3, 51 and will be buying either a MP5 host or Vector 53 next. I can't decide on which 1st.

I am patiently waiting (14 months) for my RDTS 21 to arrive to fill the belt fed craving.

az larry

FFL/SOT
Ah, you traded the Micro! Not man enough to shoot a Micro in .45 eh?;) Hey, you did good. I got a couple Mp5s, and they are great to shoot. And with that pack, you need to get a 53 from Vector and you'll have a totally different experiance. Shooting rifle ammo FA is WAY different that the mild SMG experiance.

compuvette

UZI Talk Supporter
Hey, I got an M16! :heavy :D But I am figuring that my first purchase after the sear gun will also be from Todd at Ohio Rapidfire. He makes a nice semi-auto post-ban HK 21E belt fed that will work just fine with my sear...........:heavy :heavy :heavy :D

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
compuvette said:
Well guys, I finally had to come to terms with my desire to own an MP5. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't need one....., But I finally gave in. :D Anyway, I traded my micro and my mini for it (I have another mini in the works anyway). It's a Flemming sear conversion of an SP89 into an MP5K-PDW. What do you think?
Compuvette, You have exceptional taste :) I love it! Actually, I have an S&H sear gun that is very similar. Volmer did the work on the host. I prefer the straight mag on the 'K' because it's easier to get my big hands around the foregrip.

I take it that Navy 3 lug is also threaded. Is the thread protector knurled or smooth? I can't fit a flash hider or suppressor on mine b/c it's knurled. I'm going to get a smooth one from Gemtech when I buy a Raptor. Hopefully, the color will match.

I like to have spare parts for the guns I own and have found the K/PDW to be a bit tough to find reasonably priced parts for. You'll probably want a #28 locking piece if you will use a suppressor (HK includes a tech sheet with the piece that explains why this is important to the gun's longivity). Cheapest I've found is $125 from McDonald Tactical. The F/A bolt carrier and PDW barrels are expensive as well. Fortunately, the bolt head is the same as a standard MP5.

H&K isn't making the metal MG's anymore in Germany or the UK. From what I hear, they sub those orders out. Maylasia for most MP5 production IIRC.

I really like the looks of the K and PDW with the 3-pos & 4-pos ambi lowers. Curt Higgins and Terry Dyer will C/P and mod those packs for your sear if you're interested. Shoot me a PM if you want to go that route because there are some p's and q's to watch out for legality-wise with the burst packs.

I've had a couple of guys tell me their biggest regret was selling their PDW. The person I bought mine from has a standing offer to buy it back (ain't going to happen!). You have a fine weapon there that I'm sure you'll be very happy with for a long time!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter