Izzy FAL Carbine

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
1_DSC08210M__800_x_292_.jpg

I don't recall posting about this one, but found it late summer/early fall in an out of the way funshop. It's a Century-marked Imbel Gear Logo receiver upon which someone (maybe CAI) built up an Izzy parts kit with a 16.5" barrel. It's got the requisite US parts to be 922r compliant. It was filthy inside and I spent about four hours cleaning it and correctly installing the gas tube. I suspect the former owner had problems with it not cycling, but I didn't fire it before effecting repairs.

When I did get to the range, it was spot-on with SA surplus and Port at 100 to 200 yds. By that, I mean I hit everything I shot at. Took a few hots at the 440 yd gong and hit it 3/5 offhand. Functionality with three mags was 100%. Muzzle blast was not that bad, even under a the shed roof overhead of the range benches.

Oh, did I mention I got it for $400 OTD?

I figured if it was a POS I'd part it out and still be ahead, but it's a keeper.

Noah

carryaglock

FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Turned out to be a fine looking weapon, sometimes the ones that look like POS's are just diamonds in the rough.

johnnywitt

UZI Talk Life Member
I love my FAL's. I have 2 DS Arms Tactical carbines and they are firebreathers. An AAC (if your gonna suppress) or the Noveske "pig" flashiders will take care of that though real quick.
Glad you got such an excellent weapon Noah, for a cheap price. Doesn't happen that way very much- at least to me. Those Izzy's are the shizzle.

ruskiegunlover

noah, those are light barrel handguards right? And the light buttstock? I want to build up my century, and intend to, just want to make sure before I start buying parts what will fit. Any mods to get a light barrel set to work on my century inch top end/metric lower?

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
ruskiegunlover said:
noah, those are light barrel handguards right? And the light buttstock? I want to build up my century, and intend to, just want to make sure before I start buying parts what will fit. Any mods to get a light barrel set to work on my century inch top end/metric lower?

Those are light barrel HGs. FWIW, just for giggles I put a set of Aussie coachwood HGs on the Izzy to see if they'd fit and what they looked like. British Maranyl pebble grain HGs also fit.

I don't see why either the light or heavy Izzy buttstock won't fit your metric lower since Izzy FALs were metric to start with.

HTH,

Noah

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter