IMI Timberwolf 357

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
Timberwolf1.jpg

I've been searching for the right Colt Lightning clone in 357 magnum, but there are too many "run away!" comments about them on various firearm forums, with the possible exception of the Pedersoli-made guns.

Saturday I spotted the 357 Timberwolf in a rack at one of the semi-local dealers, and given it being priced at significantly less than half what is asked for Lightning clones, I pulled out my wallet. I handled and fired Timberwolves back in the day when they were offered by Action Arms and Springfield Armory, but never sprang for one. Until now.

I went over it Saturday afternoon and swapped the scope for a 2.5X Weaver with picket post reticle. Sunday between downpours I made a trip to the range and chased around some empty plastic soda bottles at the 50 and 100 yd berms after sighting in the Weaver. The rifle functioned flawlessly on Independence and Remington factory ammo and my 158 gr JSP reloads.

It's not as sleek and pretty as a Lightning clone, but it works and works well.

Noah

mhpdblue

UZI Talk Supporter
I've always wanted one of those....if you don't mind me asking how much did you shell out? They always seem knida pricey on Gunbroker...on second thought 99% of the stuff on Gunbroker is kinda pricey...;)

PK

UZI Talk Life Member
All it needs now is a supressor :)

panaceabeachbum

I picked one of these up from a member here about a year ago and its one of my favorites. Works great with 38 special, have yet to ever fire it in 357 . I have dispatched one coyote and tons of soda cans so far

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter