Full size Register Receiver uzi. OPEN bolt. Replacement bolt Question.

Hi all
I have a register receiver MODEL A Full size uzi.
It still has the restrictor ring. Uses Semi barrel.
I know with GROUP INDUSTRIES bolt, you do not need to make modification to it.

For other bolts, what modification do I need for the replacement bolt to work in this UZI?
I am assuming a normal IMI SMG bolt will hit the restrictor ring.
I would like to keep the Restrictor ring and use a modified surplus IMI bolt. What part of bolt do I need to dremel off?

BWE (RIP Richard) use to sell modified SMG bolt for converted register receiver IMI MODEL A uzi.
Any other company make modified SMG uzi bolt?
Any other UZI experts like BWE?

Thanks.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
The title of your thread says closed bolt. Just to be clear you have a RR but currently closed bolt. I assume the bolt blocking rail was removed when it was converted? Making sure you don't have a setup where the bolt is slotted and married to the receiver.

The title of your thread says closed bolt. Just to be clear you have a RR but currently closed bolt. I assume the bolt blocking rail was removed when it was converted? Making sure you don't have a setup where the bolt is slotted and married to the receiver.
Thanks for catching that.. Totally missed it.
I edit the title.
"OPEN BOLT".

K2

Hi 00wingzero1980,

Couple of guys, Rex & Ralph, up at KCR indicated a 3/4" cylindrical stone and a good die grinder will clearance a bolt in about 5 minutes. It works. The hardened steel cuts like "budda" with a die grinder. Just remember to remove the extractor and don't get carried away or you get a side view of the recoil spring! Also make sure the bolt doesn't hit the ring when the bolt is all the way forward. If it does, it can break the welds for the ring/feed ramp.

I've done about a dozen that way. Only goofed once. Still sold the bolt to a member here (he was pre-warned of the condition). It worked just fine. Just that the spring could be seen in a slit through the bolt/ejection port.

Even using carbide cutters the job is not trivial.

Enjoy,

K2

nobra81

Hi 00wingzero1980,

Couple of guys, Rex & Ralph, up at KCR indicated a 3/4" cylindrical stone and a good die grinder will clearance a bolt in about 5 minutes. It works. The hardened steel cuts like "budda" with a die grinder. Just remember to remove the extractor and don't get carried away or you get a side view of the recoil spring! Also make sure the bolt doesn't hit the ring when the bolt is all the way forward. If it does, it can break the welds for the ring/feed ramp.

I've done about a dozen that way. Only goofed once. Still sold the bolt to a member here (he was pre-warned of the condition). It worked just fine. Just that the spring could be seen in a slit through the bolt/ejection port.

Even using carbide cutters the job is not trivial.

Enjoy,

K2
I have one of Richard’s bolts. Got it from him a couple of years ago as a spare. I had my gun upgraded to machine gun specs so don’t really need it anymore. I will sell it if you are interested.

Steve

I have one of Richard’s bolts. Got it from him a couple of years ago as a spare. I had my gun upgraded to machine gun specs so don’t really need it anymore. I will sell it if you are interested.

Steve
I'll take it! Please PM your information

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter