Forced Reset Triggers Legal now??-Anyone Have Updates?

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Rare Breed ,Alamo, Para 15 ,WOT were all Forced Reset Triggers that can give you Rate of Fire Rates in the 800 RPM range

I see that they are now for sale at Rare Breed and Ammo Depot.

Rare Breed was Suing ATF but I dont know if they prevailed. Any news update will be appreciated

Deerhurst

Forced reset triggers do not give you a rate of fire of anything. They help you keep up with what the firearm is capable of.

There is also the Super Safety floating around and available.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that there is a preliminary injunction that covers the members of one of the Firearms protection groups. You must be a member of that group to be covered until the matter goes to court.

Scott

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Firearms group is Firearms Policy Coalition.
The super safety by Hoffman Tactical is a very cool device. Gives 3 position functionality. I believe you can get them from twin bros 3d printing. Google it or look it up on youtube.

Deerhurst

I read somewhere (ARFCOM?) That Twin Bros is trying to patent Hoffman's work.

Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
There may be something to that deerhurst as I read something similiar on WG.
Some of those members hold patents so it was interesting to read the arguments of who owned it.
The inventor or the 1st to market.

It also shows why the smart guys like Lage keep stuff under wraps until the patent is filed and approved.
Ya know like his 556 IMR setup.

Keeps scumbag theives in the dark.

In the biz world there really isn't much lower then stealing someones work and possibly livelyhood.

I've done beta testing now for two companies for gun related items.
And we have others here also that have done it.

The one thing we all have in common is we never spoke about it until the product was released.
For the inventor and tester the two most important things are trust & the ability to keep your mouth shut until you are told you can open it.
Even then most of us aren't running around bragging about it after the fact.

Anywho Deerhurst I think you may be correct since I read pretty much the same thing on a different forum.
Someone swooping in trying to steal someone elses idea just cause they,can get to the paperwork 1st.

There is a special place in hell for those types.

Slowmo

I read somewhere (ARFCOM?) That Twin Bros is trying to patent Hoffman's work.

Can anyone confirm or debunk this?
I don't know anything about Hoffman's work or Twin Brothers actions, but most of the chatter about who patented what and who stole what intellectual property on gun forums is by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

For example, it is not only fine but encouraged as a matter of public policy to design around someone's patent and then patent that design around. Likewise, it is also fine as well as encouraged to improve upon others' patented inventions and patent those improvements. The whole purpose of the patent system is to encourage public disclosure to progress the state of the art so that others may build upon it and further progress the field.

slimshady

The makers say they are legal, ATF sez they are MGs. Went to court, a preliminary injunction was issued, not sure who and what it covered, but until the case is finally decided ATF cannot confiscate them from those covered by the injunction. They are still contacting those folks and trying to intimidate them into "voluntarily" surrendering them. AFAIK the injunction is still in effect, but I haven't been following it closely so do your own research.

Bottom line is until it works it's way up the food chain and SCOTUS decides to hear it or let the last appeal decision stand, even those who are covered by the injunction could be forced to destroy or surrender them if the final decision is in ATF's favor. Until that point you are gambling the cost of said trigger that the final decision will go our way, and if it doesn't timing the destruction or surrender of said trigger before the injunction expires is the difference between legal and illegal possession. Personally, I would wait it out but YMMV.

Weso

Major ruling for the injunction and NAGR member protection looked at the way the trigger functioned in relation to the wording of what is a "machine gun". WOT is being sold by a different company in FL, 2 for 400. Rare Breed is selling them on their website again and Alamo is available on a few different websites. The way I understand it. RB won a lawsuit against Big Daddy and WOT and got the inventory. Here is the Pres of Rare Breed after the last ruling

sweersa

BUYER BEWARE - POTENTIAL SCAM SITE(S)

Is that the official Rare Breed Trigger website? This was: (It appears to be no longer public facing)

And if RBT produced more triggers, I would imagine they would be the 3 position version, which they had a working version of shortly before the BS with the AFT.

Also, I don't think this "Ammo Depot" site is legit if the OP was referring to it.

Not trying to cause issues, just want to prevent any potential folks from becoming victims to cyber-crime/credit card fraud. (And this is coming from someone who would very much like to order a RBT to support that company)

Last edited:

joeldworkin307

Rare Breed ,Alamo, Para 15 ,WOT were all Forced Reset Triggers that can give you Rate of Fire Rates in the 800 RPM range

I see that they are now for sale at Rare Breed and Ammo Depot.

Rare Breed was Suing ATF but I dont know if they prevailed. Any news update will be appreciated

That is 100% a scam site, as is ammo depot.

Weso

Dang, the rare breed trigger USA site is BS. Went to the checkout and they take Zell and Crypto. But you do get a 15% scam discount for crypto. I got this in my email. WOT 2 for 400. These guys(could be a sting) take credit cards. https://fasttriggers.com/

sweersa

Dang, the rare breed trigger USA site is BS. Went to the checkout and they take Zell and Crypto. But you do get a 15% scam discount for crypto. I got this in my email. WOT 2 for 400. These guys(could be a sting) take credit cards. https://fasttriggers.com/
Even if that site or any site with the WOT advertised is legit I will caution anyone with or wanting to buy a WOT (all politics/AFT issues aside), they will fail. The metal they use for the trigger components are garbage. Fortunately, there are aftermarket parts available to support those who run those triggers.

So with the WOT, you are essentially buying the housing to later replace the contents (except for the pins) with quality aftermarket parts. The first failure point typically observed is the locking bar, it will wear down and prevent the carrier from resetting the trigger. We’re talking a few to several hundred rounds before it starts to have issues.

I’ve heard of the hammers crumbling, but have not seen any evidence of that aside from various posts on Reddit and elsewhere.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
I made a error. Your correct in it being NAGR not FPC.

I do know there was a issue with gunbroker selling out sales information to the atf. Not sure if it was gunbroker itself or the atf twisted the arms of sellers to divulge sales.

sweersa

I made a error. Your correct in it being NAGR not FPC.

I do know there was a issue with gunbroker selling out sales information to the atf. Not sure if it was gunbroker itself or the atf twisted the arms of sellers to divulge sales.
There was a GunBroker user named RifleRemedy (something or other), a college age man selling FRTs and the like who got busted by the ATF. His home was raided and electronic devices taken and harvested for info on buyers, which he had a lot of. He was blamed for surrendering the info, but he did not, it was taken from him by the AFT. I hope his situation improved, I highly doubt they could charge him with anything. Still, I feel for the young man to have to go through such trauma. At least he didn't have a dog.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
There was a GunBroker user named RifleRemedy (something or other), a college age man selling FRTs and the like who got busted by the ATF. His home was raided and electronic devices taken and harvested for info on buyers, which he had a lot of. He was blamed for surrendering the info, but he did not, it was taken from him by the AFT. I hope his situation improved, I highly doubt they could charge him with anything. Still, I feel for the young man to have to go through such trauma. At least he didn't have a dog.
Thank you for the info. I hadn't heard exactly what the deal was, wasn't sure if it was another liberty safes all over again.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter