FA Tec 9 questions

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Ruben M. is advertising an "Intratec KG 99" converted to FA by Alltec(?).
As pictured, it has a threaded barrel (w/o muzzle attachment), a foregrip, but no stock. There is no indication whether it is select fire or FA Only. Price is $9995
I have a SA Tec 9; it's a fun gun!

My questions are as follows:
1) Are these "strengthened" to withstand the added stresses of FA fire?
2) What is the method of conversion? (Open bolt&fixed firing pin? Different internals? Or are there more than one type of conversion?)
3) Aside from available accessories& price, would there be any preference vs MAC?
4) Anyone have/had or shot one? Impressions? Likes? Dislikes?

Adolf

UZI Talk Life Member
I have seen one at a public firing range about 10 years back and they used a KG 9 open bolt set up! The back end had been knocked out a few times as they beefed it up with some kinda of Gun Bandage (Fiberglass and polymer) repair!

mmi

the part with the s # is plastic . unless the bolt is reg part .

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I spoke w/ Ruben this AM. He said he got the KG99 as part of a collection, and this one is the first one he's ever had, and has no experience with them whatsoever. He did,however, remind me that neither the KG99 nor any of the MAC series are MP5s!

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Well from a seller I spoke to in the late 90's
these eat firing pins like ammo and the one he was selling came with 3 spares.
It was open bolt with a floating FP like the M-11.

I backed out of the deal due to his description and advice.

There is no way to put a stock on these that I know of and the frames are known to crack see Adolf's post.
Also if I remember correct the rate of fire is up around the M-11 9mm.

Advice I was given by the seller was these are a collector piece for the guy that already has a pile of NFA shooters due to the problems with the frame and firing pins.

Rich

cockednlocked45

UZI Talk Supporter
You are probably spot on. They are cool though. Just buy Grand Theft Auto if you want to shoot one. Nothing special to me and certainly not worth 10,000. IMO

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
You're better off getting a registered bolt.....as KG-9 and 99 lowers are prone to cracking/breakage.

The later TEC-9 uppers actually had a threaded plug that screwed into the back of the (steel) upper.......and did away with the problem of lowers fracturing. Put your registered bolt into one of those uppers and you're GTG

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
You're better off getting a registered bolt.....as KG-9 and 99 lowers are prone to cracking/breakage.

The later TEC-9 uppers actually had a threaded plug that screwed into the back of the (steel) upper.......and did away with the problem of lowers fracturing. Put your registered bolt into one of those uppers and you're GTG
My SA has the threaded plug,so I may see about an RB!
And I saw some hardened firing pins,so that may work out well.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
I would not get one of these.They are a semi of a interdamics of Sweden of an mp9 smg.Tec 9 and later kg99 are a POS

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Intratec must have had bad Quality Control or something. I've talked to some people who own(ed) them who hated them, and about the same number who have no complaints.
I have no clue how many rounds my SA has through it (got it used) but it has no problems or issues.
It's not a custom 1911, it doesn't shoot 1moa, it's not a concealed carry pistol,but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

SecondAmend

Intratec must have had bad Quality Control or something. I've talked to some people who own(ed) them who hated them, and about the same number who have no complaints.
I have no clue how many rounds my SA has through it (got it used) but it has no problems or issues.
It's not a custom 1911, it doesn't shoot 1moa, it's not a concealed carry pistol,but it goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

I know a guy who has a Tec 9, and he said it worked okay as well. From what I've read, early mags were problematic and shooters would often hold the Tec 9 like an MP40, which aggravated the issues. Later mags were said to be okay.

wrongrecroom

From dealing with open bolt KG pistol the mags are the big deal ..Hard to find ones that work or even fit in right

Another foroum I have seen had a great history of the Tec guns which boils down to this ...The first KG9 and KG99 are normal GRG the guy who started Keltec made them and they were good ..Then sold to another group to be the TEC9 then TECDC9 and so on ..The first one were decent but then they got popualre and cost were cut and they went to crap ...So the first run guns tend to ok latter ..Eh

Never used +P or hot ammo just use 115 ball ..And I will second the adive on getting a Res bolt over gun as for the most part they wont take heavy auto fire I would guess

Most mags for them are crap I know more then a few I tried in the KG9 will not lock in or hardly

salochin

Most All full auto's would be fixed fp. One or two were made as select fire but most were not. Kg9 and closed bolt kg99 bolts have bolt handle in different location than the later intratecs. Full autos run way slower than a mac. Maybe 6 or 7 hundred. Has anybody seen a registered bolt? That would be nice.

salochin

I guess I need to do one to confirm but I've heard from a couple people it works. They are both trapezoid double stack double feed. Mill or file front and back plates to fit.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I guess I need to do one to confirm but I've heard from a couple people it works. They are both trapezoid double stack double feed. Mill or file front and back plates to fit.

Sounds very interesting!

Now to figure out how to convert it to accept drums!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter