Conversion for m11-15 and m10-15, possible?

Tinman45

I’m just wondering, how difficult would it be to make something like the CMMG .22 conversion kit to work with the 10-15 and 11-15 uppers? I’d be willing to pay well for one and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Pretty sure its been tried and is a no go.
Its the open bolt thing iirc.
That conversion is the bolt replacement and it don't move.

Tinman45

Pretty sure its been tried and is a no go.
Its the open bolt thing iirc.
That conversion is the bolt replacement and it don't move
Yeah, perhaps I’m expressing myself badly. I realize the existing kit is a no-go in an open-bolt system. I’m hypothesizing something similar, but purpose-built to work with the uppers.

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
Yeah, perhaps I’m expressing myself badly. I realize the existing kit is a no-go in an open-bolt system. I’m hypothesizing something similar, but purpose-built to work with the uppers.
Maybe if someone hint hint would make a bolt and chamber sleeve for the 10/15 . Just dreaming

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
To build something from scratch would be cost prohibitive. Could the the AR .22lr kits be adapted for the Lage Max- /15? I would think so. But it is my understanding that the three models have three different lengths from the chamber to be sear in the lower. So that would be three different conversions of the kits for the three different models. How many owners of the Lage Max- /15 will buy a .22lr conversion kit and at what cost?

There are a lot of talented members here. If someone spent the time on the development of a simple conversion of the AR .22lr kits for the various models I would think that such a product could be marketed. But such a product, I would think, would be a labor of love. I don't see designing such a conversion as being a 10 minute project. So how many kits could be sold? I would think 10, maybe 20 of each model? So what would be a profitable price for such a conversion? I don't know. What do you think?

Scott

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve spent some serious time thinking about this very project. I have a few ideas but after speaking with Mak91 about it (who’s extremely talented), I’ve decided not to even bother with it.
I’m sure it can be done but it might be awhile before we see one that can reliably run.

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
How much do you think a bolt and chamber sleeve or .22 barrel for the 10/15 would sell for. It's just an accessory to a great but very expensive upper. If reasonable on price, I would think you would sell one for every upper sold.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
The amount of work and know how that went into making a reliable Lage .22LR kit was significant and required a ton of the principle's time The .22 kits were a labor of love and I remember with much fondness shooting the prototype kits in to the trinity river with Richard, Chili, and the crew. We had a ton of fun shooting the floating debris and making smiley faces in the water.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
If it can be done, someone on here will do it. As far as a production run of them, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that. I’ve looked at it, but haven’t done any tinkering yet. I’ve heard through the grapevine, that a few members are working on it.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
CMMG 22LR is not going to work. There's too many problems with the design. My progress with a S&W 15-22 kit is moving along really well. My gunsmith just finished my 15-22 to AR15 design barrel nut. Deerhurst's prototype clips work really well for the 15-22 mags. It feeds like a dream. I hope to be testing in 2 weeks. I will need to make a sear catch and convert to an open bolt protrusion.

52609072944_216f29a5b5_c.jpg

52609072994_14b65233ae_c.jpg

EDIT:
I was wrong. The CMMG open bolt does work with a few mods. Much easier and cheaper to convert than the S&W 15-22 parts.

52687840565_2c5ffbaac2_c.jpg

Last edited:

Jmacken37

Strobro, you are so sexy when you do stuff like this. When am I ever gonna see you again???

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Really cool. Can’t wait to see a video.
Is the ejector welded on?

Jmacken37

Lets meet around midnight behind the dumpster at the old Piggly Wiggly
You so funny! I do need me some NUTS soon. I'm going to try and make the MI subgun match this year. Really nice match. Mt Pleasant, MI isn't much for rip roaring times, but has at least one brew pub.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
All of the clips work. The least fitting one it the original ARcatch22 clip. My favorite it the Deerhurst Flat clip. It fits and looks the best. Good job.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter