Can Uzi 9mm Mags be converted to fit Uzi Pro

LotsaTiques

UZI Talk Supporter
Hi All......Can Uzi 9mm Mags be converted (easily) to work in an Uzi Pro?

Thanks for your help.
David

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
New ones are available in 20,25, and 32 round capacity from IWI for $18-23 dollars. Is this because they're out of stock?

Last edited:

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
The magazine would need the cutout in the pics below. Uzi Pro mags come with the cutout on both sides because the mag release is ambidextrous, but only the cutout on the opposite side of the mag release button is used.

IMG_1131.jpg

LotsaTiques

UZI Talk Supporter
Thanks TSPC, much appreciated.

Gaujo - the guy I'm selling a few Uzi mags to is in a restricted state - pre-bans only are allowed. I appreciate your info.

David

tonelar

notching a preban magazine is considered constructing a new one in certain states

Dark Knight

New ones are available in 20,25, and 32 round capacity from IWI for $18-23 dollars. Is this because they're out of stock?

They have been out for a long time. I bought a few awhile ago to use in my model B and really liked them. Been trying to get more with no success. Would not be a big deal as surplus mags are available for the model B but a coworker and I picked up our Uzi Pros this week (Gunprime had a good deal) and now need the notched magazines. When things slow a bit we are going to take a magazine into the shop and see if we can add the cutout in the right location. I know the Uzi Pro does not seem to get a lot of attention on this forum but I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up. I'd never seen one in person, just ordered it for fun. Seemed like a good way to spend stimulus dollars! With a Holosun green dot added to it I think it will be a fun little toy.

p

Operator45

So, Dark Knight - any progress to report on taking the mags into the shop? I've got a couple I'd like to notch, and if you've got good measurements ... and locking / feeding success ... I'd be very interested to read your notes. (smile) Thx in advance!

Dark Knight

So, Dark Knight - any progress to report on taking the mags into the shop? I've got a couple I'd like to notch, and if you've got good measurements ... and locking / feeding success ... I'd be very interested to read your notes. (smile) Thx in advance!

I'm afraid not. We lost a bunch of employees while getting a ton of business so we are trying to keep our heads above water. Our Director of Maintenance (me, I'm pretty useless, lol) has all kinds of precision tools for measuring etc so we can go that route but I was intrigued with an idea of his. The avionics shop on the other side of the airfield (they like guns too!) has this scanner/laser cutting gizmo to cut all the holes in instrument panels. I've seen it in action and it's amazing. His thought was to have them scan the Uzi Pro magazine then put in a standard magazine and let the laser etch the outline of the notch. Kind of make a precision template on the magazine that says cut here. We have a lot of surplus magazines so burning a few on the attempt is no big loss. That's where we are headed, just got to get some free time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter