And the MAC suppressor insanity continues....

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I know it's probably getting tiresome for some to hear.... but I just don't get it? In just a few years MAC cans have gone from almost impossible to give away for the $200 tax, to this:
I'm convinced that somewhere someone is sitting on a BUNCH of these cans still new in the box. I can remember seeing them a lot a few years ago. Can't believe they're all sold.

Kramer

Your time line is off. They were not impossible to give away a few years ago. Five years ago, I bought a pair for my MAC10s and they were already rising in value then, I paid around $400-500 each and the prices have been rising. There is a good chance that the person that paid that much probably has the MAC with the same or very close serial number.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Crazy!

I’ve got a NIB Powder Springs can that I paid $500 for it, a year ago. The box’s serial number matches the can too. I was hesitant about the price but looking back, it was a great investment.

Honestly, gunbroker is crazy.

Last edited:

root

UZI Talk Supporter
3k + and it is used with dent in the 1st stage, cosmetic blems on the 2nd stage possibly small dent gouge, and full of carbon.

Buyer will probably ruin it and have it recored too.

Crazy!

I paid 300 for my NIB can and 400 in stamps back in 2010 or 11.
@ the time it was 5 bux more then a new viper was without the 200 tax.

No regerts . :)

skullsoldier

I bought a M11 and was gifted a AWC two-stage can in perfect condition. I know it isn't a Powder Springs or Sionics, but it's vintage and sounds absolutely ridiculously quiet. It is wipe-less. Definitely worth the $200 tax stamp.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
Wow! $3k for an original mac can is astounding. And I thought it was crazy when greasegun mags that I was paying $10 each went to $100 a pop.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Crazy!

I’ve got a NIB Powder Springs can that I paid $500 for it, a year ago. The box’s serial number matches the can too. I was hesitant about the price but looking back, it was a great investment.

Honestly, gunbroker is crazy.
That’s really what it is. Gunbroker is crazy, that said, as a GB seller, I try to use that to my advantage. The majority of these items can still be found for “good ole days” prices if you do a little digging away from gunbroker (or catch a good buy it now on GB from time to time). Gunbroker enables me to flip parts and accessories, all the while cherry picking for my collection.

The way people bash gunbroker and GB sellers you would think someone was holding a gun to their head and forcing them to bid. Nobody is making anyone buy their stuff on gunbroker… people choose to pay the insane prices because they are impatient and want instant gratification. They don’t wanna have to post WTB ads on forums and wait around for a half a year till someone responds for a good deal. They would rather spend 20 times what it’s worth and get it immediately… and god forbid someone tries to get in the way and outbid them… they will spend 50 times what it’s worth just to prove they have the bankroll to win the auction. I love gunbroker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now are there some bad apple sellers that take advantage of this and do things like shill bidding? Yes, there’s a lot of them… but it’s usually pretty easy to pick up on in the bid history/feedback and avoid the obvious culprits who are constantly relisting the same crap even though it has “sold” 4 times in the last couple months and always getting insanely high prices on .99 auctions with no reserve.

Last edited:

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
Now are there some bad apple sellers that take advantage of this and do things like shill bidding? Yes, there’s a lot of them… but it’s usually pretty easy to pick up on in the bid history/feedback and avoid the obvious culprits who are constantly relisting the same crap even though it has “sold” 4 times in the last couple months and always getting insanely high prices on .99 auctions with no reserve.

I always wondered how they deal with the Gun Broker seller fees for an item won by a shill bidder.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
one time after one of these posts I pulled the transaction logs for the seller and analyzed it. Found strong evidence of multiple shill bidders across their sales and sent it to Gunbroker who never replied or did anything about it. Gunbroker doesn't care and I bet they are getting out of the fees.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I always wondered how they deal with the Gun Broker seller fees for an item won by a shill bidder.
When you have a non paying bidder (or if you are shilling and winning your own auction from yourself)… you have to cancel the sale and submit a credit request for the fees and taxes. You check off the reason the transaction was cancelled and then they reimburse your fees and taxes. I get non paying bidders somewhat frequently so this is a process I am very familiar with.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
one time after one of these posts I pulled the transaction logs for the seller and analyzed it. Found strong evidence of multiple shill bidders across their sales and sent it to Gunbroker who never replied or did anything about it. Gunbroker doesn't care and I bet they are getting out of the fees.
I would go as far as saying that I personally think GB filters the feedback for their top 100 sellers… there is no way in hell some of these guys haven’t gotten a single negative feedback with the broken misrepresented crap they sell, deceptive photos, and shill bidding. Yet they will have well over a thousand feedback with zero negative. It is just not possible.

If you conduct 100 transactions on gunbroker as a seller, it is absolutely 100% guaranteed that you will deal with at least ONE irrational nutcase that is unhappy about some unreasonable nonsense and nothing you offer will be good enough. It is inevitable, yet somehow the top sellers that are notorious for shilling and other blatantly obvious bullshit have 1000s of positive feedback and not a single negative. I think GB filters their negative feedback so as not to discourage potential customers… after all, they are making a massive amount of money off these top sellers. They need them to keep selling and they don’t want bad feedback getting in the way of it. Just a theory anyway. I have zero proof of this, purely speculation

Member13

that is easy.......they don't pay and the seller can file a non pay and then the fees are removed

seen it happen many times....just look at the feedback of the ones you think are shills and you will almost always find a link back to the seller. They want to increase the feedback rate of the shill account so it looks trustworthy. Also look at the location of the seller and winner.......they are often in the same state. One that I found was really close proximity from the other and had a username that was literally the other sellers main job as a pest removal guy

StenAtopia

that is easy.......they don't pay and the seller can file a non pay and then the fees are removed

seen it happen many times....just look at the feedback of the ones you think are shills and you will almost always find a link back to the seller. They want to increase the feedback rate of the shill account so it looks trustworthy. Also look at the location of the seller and winner.......they are often in the same state. One that I found was really close proximity from the other and had a username that was literally the other sellers main job as a pest removal guy
Your must be referring to a GB seller named, that Rhymes with Vienna, Lienna or Rienna…….

StenAtopia

Yes!!!!! A Grease gun magazine welded to a Soumi drum is “EXTREMELY RARE”!! Get in touch with David of Doubletapfirearmspa.com he makes that same exact one for around $500’ish. But that one is the rarest one I have ever seen. If you look closely inside the inside track its made from the rarest of all Rolex’s! The winding mechanism is made from a piece of Wolverines Admentium and the tower although painted black is solid 24kt gold!!!

Of course I’m Jk!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter