Ammo purchasing options

bayoutank

Just curious if I could get a few opinions about some of the ammo out there for full auto UZI's. First off I normally only shoot S&B but I have run some Winchester, Remington range grade, Aguila and Monarch steel case just to test if they will work. My UZI chewed them up and spit them out with no issues. I am about to buy some ammo and wanted some options/reviews on what is available and maybe some suggestions. This is more about what cheap range target ammo will run good.

1. 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ by PMC - Update I ran this ammo but it was very dirty, left a lot of residue
2. 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ by Magtech
3. 9mm Luger CCI Blazer 115 Grain FMJ Aluminum Case
4. 9mm Luger CCI Blazer Brass 115 Grain FMJ
5. 9mm Luger Speer Lawman 115 Grain TMJ

Might just buy 100 rounds of each and test em all.

-bayoutank

Last edited:

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Anything 124 gr. will run the UZI smoothly, but hotter 115 gr. is often sufficient. S&B and GECO are fantastic. Fiocchi is also good. Generally American ammo is on the anemic side. PMC is probably the hottest ammo on your list.

I've never been impressed with Blazer or Winchester in any subgun.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
I’d keep away from the aluminum case. I’ve never had a problem with Blazer brass, that said, I shoot my macs way more than the uzis.

MG34_Dan

Never run aluminum cased ammo in an open bolt firearm. You will experience blown cases. From experience, do not run aluminum cased ammo in any weapon that uses fluted chambers. I've had sheared fired aluminum cases in an MP5.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Like Dan said, don't use aluminum case ammo in an open bolt firearm. With the exception of Magtech I have run the other options in my Uzi without any issue. Magtech tends to run fairly weak and I have had issues in other SMGs, but can't remember if I actually shot it in the Uzi.

NewHobby

Not a full auto user, but researched here for good semi options.
Many say Wolf Steel works well, I was going to pick some up because I was getting sale emails and because Russian product will be banned for a while...until I found brass case options for not much more money.
I love S&B, last found in August.
Because people recommend hot Euro ammo I got some RUAG Swiss Military 124 gr, and just got Norma Range and Training 124 gr direct from their site (out of stock today) but have tried neither yet.
If you can confirm Wolf 115Gr works then Targetsportsusa has it free shipping.

bayoutank

Not a full auto user, but researched here for good semi options.
Many say Wolf Steel works well, I was going to pick some up because I was getting sale emails and because Russian product will be banned for a while...until I found brass case options for not much more money.
I love S&B, last found in August.
Because people recommend hot Euro ammo I got some RUAG Swiss Military 124 gr, and just got Norma Range and Training 124 gr direct from their site (out of stock today) but have tried neither yet.
If you can confirm Wolf 115Gr works then Targetsportsusa has it free shipping.

I would have loved to grab some of that Swiss 9mm

bayoutank

Update on the ammo. I purchased the 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ by PMC and it ran fine in the Uzi and Lage Upper Max 10/31. The only comment I have is that it left a lot of black residue, very dirty ammo. I am going to keep going through the list and post the results.

regalgseguy

Tula works fine in my UZI. Just saying. I recently bought a case of 1K for $299 with free shipping. For this day and age thats a good price.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter