AK Pistol

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Pick 'em up while you can. Remember the FN pistol and the CA .50 cal. crappola.
135JK1-med.jpg

They were selling for $449 ea. on Sat. 5/21/05 in PHX.

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
Z06 said:
Pick 'em up while you can. Remember the FN pistol and the CA .50 cal. crappola.
(snip)
They were selling for $449 ea. on Sat. 5/21/05 in PHX.

Yeah, at JOKEN's table..!

Mike

PS. I was at the show today. Sold two items but nothing huge. How'd you make out?

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Bought $650 worth 'o stuff, sold $750 worth 'o stuff. A pretty good show.

prebans

Z06 said:
Bought $650 worth 'o stuff, sold $750 worth 'o stuff. A pretty good show.

Drive an hour each way, paid $6 to park, got in for free (hooray for coupons!), sold $300 worth of stuff, spent a buck on beef jerky.

(shrugs)

Mike

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
questions

How do you like this weapon? I would like to get one also. Don't know if I should get the AK rifle or pistol. Any suggestions, thoughts, comments?

Kevin

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Re: questions

Combat Vet said:
How do you like this weapon? I would like to get one also. Don't know if I should get the AK rifle or pistol. Any suggestions, thoughts, comments?

Kevin
1352AKs-med.jpg

I bought one of each in the past 8 days. The rifle (AMD-65) lets me have a folding stock plus a forward grip that I cannot (without paperwork, lots of waiting, and $5 - $200 tax stamps) have on the pistol.
OTH I have had 3 diff. 7.62x39 pistols over the past 10 years... very fun (and cheap) to shoot. They never "forget" you @ the indoor ranges.:D
In the ARFcom tradition: buy both!

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Not possible with the AK platform. CP is a term that goes with the AR type guns that come apart with 2 push-pins. No way to put a buttstock on an AK pistol without massive metal work/fabrication.

prebans

Z06 said:
Not possible with the AK platform. CP is a term that goes with the AR type guns that come apart with 2 push-pins. No way to put a buttstock on an AK pistol without massive metal work/fabrication.

Even with the AR family, if you own both you can have spare parts. Just don't...

(frowns) The ATF will allow you to have parts for both, but they shouldn't intermingle. One (paranoid) guy I know actually keeps his extra shorty upper for his AR pistol with the pistol-- in a completely separate safe from his AR rifles so as to avoid SBR issues.

Mike

Asher

the ak pistol's are fun, the rifle is fun aswell but the forward grip just does not feel right, so i used the galil style handguards on both (muissing one in the photo)

Z06 do you know what parts they replaced in that rifle? if the whole trigger group then i can count 4? the only reason why i ask is cause i have read on various boards about joken being exactly that ( a joke)

Attachments

• ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 177

az_gun_nut

UZI Talk Supporter
As far as I know JoeKen doesn't build his AK's, he's just a distributor. I'd say the parts replaced are the fire contol, both pistol grips and possibly the gas piston.

Asher

yeah i forgot about the gas piston, i say the barrell extension the fcg and gas piston is more than likely what was changed, as far as the pistol grips i didn't know someone made us versions of them

prebans

az_gun_nut said:
As far as I know JoeKen doesn't build his AK's, he's just a distributor. I'd say the parts replaced are the fire contol, both pistol grips and possibly the gas piston.

Hmm... That's contrary to what they told me at last weekend's gun show, but it wouldn't be the first time those JoKeRS said something that wasn't completely accurate...

Mike

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
The pistol was built by (and marked):
Ewbank Mfg.
Winslow, AZ
EMAKM
7.62X39

0003XX

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter