Advice on stock for M11/nine with MAX31 and MAX11/15

EdM11

I would like to buy one stock for both the Max 31 and Max 11/15

I am looking at both the Ar15 stock adapter Lage offers and the Zhukov ak stock offered by Norse Forge. Both are adjustable; I would like to use one stock with any of the uppers. I currently have the OEM stock, OEM upper, and the CFW bolt. However, I plan to purchase the 11/15 and max 31 in the next year.

Have any of y'all used the Zhukov with the max 11/15 and max 31?

-Ed

Roklok

I think you will find that both options you mentioned will have too high of a cheekweld for the stock upper. I prefer Sam's uzi style folding stock for stock style uppers.

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
I use the same for all three. It’s a Lage stock.

1-D40-C477-E80-C-4-E44-8-CD7-7-A1-BB5404-E16.jpg

Rob1928

UZI Talk Supporter
Make your own. It's easy and you get exactly what you want. I've got a trunk full of mac stocks but always seem to need another.

I made the one below yesterday from an old scrap piece of 2x8 because my son wanted a 'star-warsy' blaster look and the version i made earlier in the week didn't quite have the right drop and length for the thermal. I spent maybe an hour tops with a jigs saw, rasp, and sand paper. Length of pull is the same as the short Lage fixed stock pictured but with a bit more drop. That and Sam's mini-uzi folder are my two favorite factory stocks, but I've made a bunch to go with specific optics to get exactly the LOP, cheek weld, etc that I want.

ps: electrical tape is holding a rawhide wrap while it cures and tomorrow we'll make a forened

XLAs4HV.jpg

EdM11

Woodenword,

That looks like a badass setup you got. Are you using the short lage stock?

EdM11

Rob,

Sam's stock looks awesome; I will more than likely get one at some point for my stock M11/nine setup. Nice work on the custom stocks. Where do you get the hardware for the portion of the stock that links up to the receiver?

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I prefer the Lage fixed stock with the quick detach setup. Vegas SMG turned me onto velcro tape on the end of the quick attach metal bracket to tighten up the stock to receiver fitment.

It uses a spacer to get a longer length of pull. I like the 8 7/8" stock.

Fstock4.jpeg

Apollo80

Love my zhukov adapter on mine. Its also beefy and supports the backplate even more. Dont have the max31 but it looks slick with the 15 and 11k

Jmacken37

Love my zhukov adapter on mine. Its also beefy and supports the backplate even more. Dont have the max31 but it looks slick with the 15 and 11k

Those are nifty, too. Why do you like support on the back plate? Do you think it is needed?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I prefer the Lage fixed stock with the quick detach setup. Vegas SMG turned me onto velcro tape on the end of the quick attach metal bracket to tighten up the stock to receiver fitment.

It uses a spacer to get a longer length of pull. I like the 8 7/8" stock.

Fstock4.jpeg

Velcro tape? Do tell?

mtlcafan79

I would assume a piece of the fuzzy side tape between the adapter and the backplate. Mine wobbles even when fully tightened so I'm assuming this is for taking up the gap. I'll have to try it.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm personally holding out for a cz scorpion stock setup as I think a drop comb is best for this rig. Don't have it yet though.

scottMO

I'm personally holding out for a cz scorpion stock setup as I think a drop comb is best for this rig. Don't have it yet though.

That’s what I use most as it allows me to use the stock sights or optics. Anything just with optics, I use the Zuchov stock.

See my pics in the linked thread..

Jmacken37

Apply the velcro tape here...

Rtb2QV7.jpg

I've found the hook seems to last longer than the loop. Of course the thickness and tolerances of your gun will affect the amount of wobble.

Apollo80

Those are nifty, too. Why do you like support on the back plate? Do you think it is needed?
No, i dont think its needed but it does give me a little piece of mind that there is something more substantial behind the factory backplate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter