Action Arms 308 Galil Model 323

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
1_dsc08016R.jpg

1_dsc08017R.jpg

I recently traded some items that no longer interested me for the pictured AA Model 323 Galil "ARM" in .308. It came with a sling, the pictured low-cap mag, along with several more of those and three 25 rd hi-caps. The previous owner is also looking for the manual. Bore is mirror-bright with sharp lands. The rifle's been fired, but not much judging by the lack or wear on the bottom of the bolt carrier, the rails, feed ramp, and mag catch.

This will be a nice companion for the .223 SAR clone that I have.

Noah

AGG

Sounds like you got a heck of a of deal! That is a very, nice looking ARM! Even has the muzzle cap!

Hud33

It is 7.62 Galil 323 week.

Nice ARM! I just purchased/partially traded for the same exact rifle. I pick it up from my dealer tomorrow. Did it come with the Action Arms 10th Anniversary Box?

Hud33

Noah,

Here are a couple of pictures of the Galil: one as it was shipped and another showing the IMI black forearm installed next to my IMI FA UZI.

Galil006.jpg

Galil007.jpg

It is an amazing rifle!

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
Hud33 said:
Noah,

Here are a couple of pictures of the Galil: one as it was shipped and another showing the IMI black forearm installed next to my IMI FA UZI.

Galil006.jpg

Galil007.jpg

It is an amazing rifle!

Nice pics of a beautiful gun, Hud!

I fired mine last Saturday, put 20 rds of 78 Port through it. Functioned fine, but the empties eject forward quite forcefully and impact the weak hand if it's placed too far back on the front HG. Lacerations result, I can tell you.

It's a heavy bugger.

Recoil is about like a FAL.

It's pretty heavy.

Mine was hard to cock since it's hardly been fired, despite application of some oil and Tetra grease to the usual AK spots.

It's comparatively heavy.

The rear peep diameters are a bit on the smallish side.

It's really heavy.

Got a mind to get a poly HG like you did, but uncut for the bipod and just remove the BP and see what it's like.

Noah

Varangian

Noah Zark said:
It's a heavy bugger.

It's pretty heavy.

It's comparatively heavy.

It's really heavy.

Milled receivers, gotta love 'em.

And it's not that the rifle's heavy, it's that you're too weak for it...:gym

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
Galil AR, 4kg
FN FAL, 4.45kg
H&K G3, 4.5kg
Armalite AR-10, 4.31kg
M14 / M1A1, 4.6kg

These are empty weights. The Galil just doesn't seem so heavy all of a sudden for a 7.62 weapon. Even the famed Garand weighed 4.63kg, and we won a major war with that light weight.

Oswald2001

Interesting stats, Boscoman.

I didn't realize that the rest of those rifles were that heavy.

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
My Galil didn't get the memo, because it's heavier than both of my FALs by almost a pound. That's unloaded, no mags or slings.

Noah

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
Hmm. sounds like yours needs a diet. My FN FAL was heavier than my Galil which is one of the reasons I didn't mind parting with it. Might have been the receiver & where it came from (manufacturer). I pulled these specs from a number of different sites & they were all pretty consistent. My point being the Galil is not the abusive heavy weight people make it out to be. No worse than any other 7.62 weapon.

Last edited:

Oswald2001

Is the weight difference due to being an ARM vs. an AR model?

The bipod adds weight, of course.

6500rpm

The .223 AR that I have right now is considerably lighter than the AA .308 ARM that I "used" to have. Noah, did I mention that I hate you (sorry, just envy coming out). Do yourself a favor and never sell it, you'll regret it later.
On the other hand, if you do, I'll trade you a nice light weight stamped AK. We'll just call it even for the surgury cost I saved you to repair your L4/L5 disc from carrying that heavy bugger around:gym

Noah Zark

UZI Talk Life Member
boscoman said:
The weights that I have listed are for the AR, no handle or bipod.

Well, that explains it. Mine's an ARM with the handle and bipod. I know I'm not crazy, and I know that my old but trusty Fairbanks platform scale is dead-nuts on.

I will say this, the ARM is a lot more "awkward" than a FAL with the big gap in the bottom end of the HG, and the bipod and whatnot.

Noah

Freedom Eagle

My answer is go lift weights. I hear criticism of the Galil being too heavy. I think thats the only major complaint about it, but its usually from AR (M-16) fans. Like the AR doesnt have problems. The other is that the Galil is expensive. I guess it is for militarys that get m-16s for free or for $200.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter