Search results

1. 9

New Ruger 10/25 25rd mags

Bill Ruger must be spinning in his grave. I am starting to like Ruger a little more with each step that they take away from the 'politically correct' crap that used to rule the company years ago. Even things like the LCP pocket pistols would never have happened if the old man were still alive.
  2. 9

147 gr 9mm

Yup, and I find it quiet enough with my MK9K to not need hearing protection. It seems far quieter than the various brands of 147 I've used in the same set up. Oh, and the 158 is $239/1000. I've bought a bunch of this from ATG, great service and excellent ammo.
  3. 9

SOCOM II/M1A questions

Last time I looked, Palmetto State Armory has CMI mags for $22.99, 44Mag was like $28. The cheap ones are hit or miss. The 20 or so CMIs that I have are reliable as a stone. I have a Smith Enterprises scope mount with a US Optics SN 3 on my M1A. Rock solid mount and great glass although heavy...
  4. 9

Best brand of 22LR

I've had functioning problems, erratic velocities and failures to fire out of all the bulk pack stuff, especially Remington. It used to be that Remington Golden Bullet was the benchmark of .22 ammo. No more as their quality seems to have gone to shit across the board. Thunderbolt seems to be the...
  5. 9

Sig P232

I had two P230s (earlier version of the P232) and neither was reliable. Two of my friends bought them as well, one sold his because it wasn't reliable and the other still has his but never shoots it. When not malfunctioning, it did shoot well although it had snappy recoil as do all blow back...
  6. 9

"Pimp My Uzi" - UZI Icon Graphics

Needs more Xzibit and some 'yo dawgs' :lol
  7. 9

AK under folders

I have a Polish under folder and like it a lot. The design shortens the rifle significantly, is easy to open and locks up reasonably tight. I can get a semi decent cheek weld with it. Really it's just a copy of the the MP40 folding stock design. On the down side they tend not to wear well...
  8. 9

New Uzi barrels & intro.

Any plans to offer a 10", non-threaded, full sized UZI barrel? I don't mind paying $120 for a chrome lined, top quality barrel but don't want to have to cut the threads off. Edited to add, Thank you for stepping up to make barrels for the parts sets that can no longer be imported with...
  9. 9

Why do people "consolidate calibers"?

I consolidated calibers as well as magazines and platforms. My reason was that I have switched from guns being primarily a hobby to being used for primarily defensive purposes. Over time I also developed some definite preferences as to types of firearms and calibers. Within those chosen...
  10. 9

New Ruger Gunsite Rifle

Absolutely 'nuthin'! Say it again! :devil
  11. 9

Need suggestions on a suppressor for fa Uzi

What he said. That is exactly the same set up that I use. Converted from the 3 lug mount MK9K and have zero regrets. This can can also be used on many other firearms with different mounts. It also disassembles for cleaning and repair (which it probably won't need). I have several Gemtech cans...
  12. 9

Lets see your suppressed Uzis!

Yea, as Ed said. Not a big deal since I almost always shoot with the suppressor on and have other full length barrels. The barrel nut mount is far better in my opinion than the three lug that I started out with. I sent the suppressor and barrel and had the suppressor converted and barrel cut at...
  13. 9

Painting Receiver Lettering - A Quick How-To

I do essentially the same thing except using Testor's model paint and acetone as solvent. It helps to thin the paint first to lower the viscosity so that it flows better.
  14. 9

What 9MM supsonics are you using??

Fiocchi 158 grain. Most quiet subsonic 9mm I've used, noticably more so than 147s.
  15. 9

Who made the best 22 auto pistol?

Love my Mk III Ruger with Gemtech Oasis. Also had a Buckmark which digested like 40k rounds with few issues other than lack of cleaning. I've often thought about a Hamden produced Victor or other model Hi Standard. Excellent guns.
  16. 9

Dimensions of Suomi Coffin Magazine

One of the things I liked about my Swedish K was the ability to use 'coffin' mags. Didn't care for the drums, but the coffin mags were large enough to get a grip on, were totally reliable and, well, held 50 rounds. Wish there was an UZI mag well for them.
  17. 9

opinion of browning hi-power?

The best source of information is Steve Camp's hipowersandhandguns.com. Mr. Camp is very experinced and articulate and covers all aspects of the BHP and several other handguns. He also provides data and pictures to back up his opinions. I think his website is outstanding. I have owned 3 Hi...
  18. 9

What's so great about 1911s?

Paging Garandman, paging Garandman....... Jim, what is your carry load? Reminds me to go in search of a Delta Elite, thanks!
  19. 9

FAL Industia Argetina

The FAL Files was a great place when all the kits and receivers were coming in. Now, not so much. They do have a search function and there is alot of good info there. I think members left because you can only hash over the same stuff so many times. There are still lots of parts listed for sale...
  20. 9

What happen to sterlgrl?

I recall it was Rover Dave that she threw down on. A flawed strategy.......

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter