Search results

1. okpud

FN FNC Bolt

"Any" FNC bolt will work if you are installing a new GM barrel at the same time. If you're not installing a new barrel, headspaced to your bolt, you are rolling the dice that headspace will be in tolerance and safe. As stated in older threads, this is why the GM FNC barrels do not have the gas...
  2. okpud

fnc armourer's manual

Sure, they exist. They are regulated and not for reproduction/sale. The last on I saw "become available" was in 2011 and it went for some in the neighborhood of $1000, if I remember correctly. I expect if one "popped up" today, it would likely sell for something >$1k. Over a decade ago, I...
  3. okpud

Repro MAC mufflers

#1 Reason? To sell you stuff. It's called marketing... Proper equipment is a relative term. With <$300 worth of equipment, you can get measurements within 2% accuracy. Or you can pay 10x as much for an extra 1%. #2 No one said dBs don't matter, just that it is not the only factor to consider...
  4. okpud

Repro MAC mufflers

It's just as much about the pitch as the sound level (dB). Many dB meters don't read pitch. I'll trade a couple of dB for a few hundred Hz most any day of the week, provided both were hearing safe. If you're going to measure something, you should really measure it and not just report the sound...
  5. okpud

mac 10 45/9 leather hip holster

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?33572-Cobray-leather-holsters-just-bought!!&p=267269#post267269
  6. okpud

Fixed or Folding?

Standard right hand threads (clockwise to tighten) for the buttstock. Only the flash hider has left hand threads.
  7. okpud

FNC Issue Solved And Another Not Solved yet

FN factory 3 round burst kit or aftermarket? What ammo are you using, and what is the barrel length? Have you ever gotten 3 rounds, or has it always shot exactly 2 rounds in 3RB? It is possible your one of your 3RB kit prongs is damaged or was incorrectly machined, leading to only 2 prongs...
  8. okpud

Black Dog Arsenal Gone?

Saw cuts require you dispose of a part of the receiver. Torch cuts must be at least 0.25" Actual text for the NFA Handbook: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-atf-p-53208/download The preferred method for destroying a machinegun receiver is to completely...
  9. okpud

Knob Creek Fall 2021 SubGun Match Runs

We did manage to save and digitize a small segment of film from a backup 8mm camera...
  10. okpud

Knob Creek Fall 2021 SubGun Match Runs

The electromagnetic recoil mitigation system disrupted all digital video in the immediate area of the SMG.X during shooting...
  11. okpud

How many acres do I need for a personal range / Hunting land?

The "100 acre" rule is the most restrictive in Texas. It covers areas (counties) were two or more municipalities have a population over 300k. Think Dallas County and Harris County, for example. You need 100 acres to discharge any weapon in these areas (pistol, shotgun, or rifle). The "10 acre/50...
  12. okpud

FNC muzzle thread question

Yes, they are left hand threaded, so they unscrew clockwise. They were applied after the barrel was painted and some are very tight because of this. I've had some require >200# of torque to remove, even with heat. Basically, you need to make a barrel vise grip for it and use a long cheater on a...
  13. okpud

FNC Barrel Replacement Overview

I believe you are thinking of the AK5 series. The "short barrel" FNC is 14.3", which is about as short as you can go with its piston system/gas block. The AK5C has a 13.8" barrel and uses a different gas block from the FNC. It also has different pin location in the gas block to retain its...
  14. okpud

Barrel That Will Feed FN Rounds?

Does your Vector have a modified SA feed ramp? That tends to solve most feeding problems. http://www.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/feedramps.htm If you shoot a lot of HP, FP, or TC ammo, it might be worth it to you to have a gunsmith modify your Uzi, unless it already has a modified SA feed...
  15. okpud

FNC spare parts + early lower

Not a grey area at all from what I see. As you said, the lower is not the firearm, the upper is. The lower is just a firearms part, like any other. No different than having a FA BGC for a AR-15 or a FA hammer or selector for a FNC. Now if you have this lower and all the other parts needed to...
  16. okpud

Please be carefull with caliber conversions!

I find that some folks doing one off caliber conversions don't take API into account and chamber the conversion barrel too deep. No API = a lot more rearward force on the bolt than necessary, compounding the issue of the already increase force by using a more powerful cartridge. Turning a...
  17. okpud

What is the threads for .45 subgun barrel?

.578x28 RH tends to be one of the most common in the US, closely followed by 5/8x24 RH. There is no one "standard" thread. Just pick one and stick to it.
  18. okpud

Lage Max11/15 ... serious use reliable?

With respect, you are overlooking the Ultimax 100 Mk5 & Mk8 series of LMG. They added a semi/full auto selector in 2008 w/ the MK5. You probably won't find one in the US, however.
  19. okpud

Fastest Run of Knob Creek Oct. 2018 - Chris Hipes w/ a MAX-31 mk.2

Yep, Unlimited. It should be in the title of the video and YouTube description. Full results are up on Practiscore for those interested -> https://practiscore.com/results/new/67811?q_division=0

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter