Search results

1. S

Interesting M11/9 upper

Bidder collusion covers price fixing, bid rigging, etc. So it covers the very common buyers agreeing not to bid against one another to keep the price low. But you're new here so I'll excuse the ignorance of the law and the other knuckle dragging insults.
  2. S

Interesting M11/9 upper

FWIW, That is bidder collusion and I believe illegal just about everywhere. Sure it happens but most don't openly admit it.
  3. S

I am back, and back on the 22lr upper. M11-33

How wide are the CP33 mags being quadstack and all?
  4. S

Need Some Ideas To Raise Cash For Tenko Resubmition

You need 10 people @ $1200ea. 25 ppl @ $500 would do it. That is more doable than getting 250ppl on board. Investing is a risk. Kickstarter does not guarantee a result to backers. Many people are ok with that. There have been some fairly famous failures (and scams.)
  5. S

Same as any AR-15 barrel extension. 1" OD. The part sticking out for a CMMG AR22 is ~0.450" Probably can't go wrong w/ either a 10/22 or AR22 barrel. The difference comes down to retention. The AR has the ring which should be easy to capture in a clam shell design like yours. Did you design...
  6. S

Need Some Ideas To Raise Cash For Tenko Resubmition

I think you aren't giving the community enough credit. I know lots of folks w/ a Mac... plus a dozen other machine guns. Don't assume just because you own a Mac that you are automatically one of the poors :) (HK joke there) I too would like to help out. I want to support you. We *ALL*...
  7. S

CMMG style AR22 barrels are fairly common in varying lengths including pistol. At least a couple different companies make them. The CMMG ones definitely work fine w/ machine guns. https://www.righttobear.com/rtb-22lr-barrel-m4-4140cm-sbn-22lr-rtb22lr45m/
  8. S

CMMG 22LR auto Trip problems

x2 on excellent CMMG customer service. I've run their dedicated 22LR kit w/ the stubby 3"(?) barrel + suppressor forever. Untold thouands of rounds. Some random thoughts: I find Black Dog extractors far outlive the originals. The originals all chipped at the tips. Though I had to clearance...
  9. S

Drum Magazines

How did you get 45ACP in the Suomi drums? (Am I an idot for not checking to see if there is enough wiggle room in there?) I've built a drum for the Reising that uses the Colt drum like smec_289 shows but its a PITA. Since it doesn't wind back, you can't have a 'pusher' of linked dummy rounds...
  10. S

M11/410

I know none will work for shorter shells as delivered. I'm wondering if I can modify one. I can't find a picture of one open to see if I can clearance the follower and put a spacer in it. I'm already going to have to cut off the feed tower and bolt / glue / plastic weld an AR15 feed tower on...
  11. S

M11/410

Wait, whut? There are .410 Saiga drums? How did I miss this? Great, must now go buy one and adapt the feed tower to fit an AR15 for the turkish .410 uppers... On further inspection its for 3" shells. The AR can only fir 2.5" (and just barely at that.) Does anyone have the 410 drum and can...
  12. S

Mm 23e

hfoster223, x2. Sounds like your feed mech is the problem. where are you located?
  13. S

Your MAX-11A1/15 is ready!

OK, I pulled down a M855 round to use as a dummy. Magpul mag. One round. My gopro batt was dead so I used my phone. You can see the round starting to load and the bounce. The bolt is fully unlocked (can tell by the extractor). The carrier only needs to move back ~2.5mm before the bolt...
  14. S

Thats not what we are talking about. As the bolt strips a round from the mag and pushes it into the chamber, the bolt bottoms out in the barrel extension. The momentum of the carrier keeps it going forward and the cam slot/pin in the top causes it to rotate the bolt (into battery behind the...
  15. S

I understand the drag of chambering a round will reduce the energy and thus the bounce. I allude to that in my post. I can't find my snap caps so I'm tearing down a round today to make up a dummy. Will also take high speed video. You can't rely on the time it takes to ignite the primer for...
  16. S

A fellow club member sent me video of his 11A1-15. W/o a round or mag inserted, just dropping the empty bolt, it will bounce CLEAR open. An AR does NOT do that (due to the weights in the buffer). He is worried about OOB. Now that I see it, I'm a bit worried too. A round will cause some drag...
  17. S

I looked back into this. Per my Jan 9, 2018 email from Jackie: "I have added you to the list and you are #688." I see now that was for the original MAX11/15. When my number came up for that one and Jackie contacted me, I had learned of the MAX11A1/15 and I asked to be put on that list instead...
  18. S

Chinese Style 7.62x39 Drum w/ AR Feed Tower

We ordered the RWB ones here last wk. They haven't shipped yet. https://shootingsurplus.com/rwb-ar15-7-62x39-75rd-steel-drum-mag/ I have an AK drum w/ the tower and a donor mag cut but haven't gotten around to welding together yet. Been sitting on the project table in that state for well over...
  19. S

I covered your exact example in literally my second sentence: "You'd have to catch one of the locking lugs just right." I've never heard of it happening but could imagine it. Interesting to know that it is actually possible. 1 out of 100,000 rounds is pretty much a fluke though.
  20. S

Cool. I know Brian has his already too. Did you adjust the gas block when suppressed? I should go put an OSS muzzle device on mine so I can test those.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter