CMMG 22LR auto Trip problems

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I have been playing with the CMMG 22LR M16 auto trip parts. I bought 2 kits because the first auto trip parts I bought was so warped, it would not slide in the upper. The second kit I got came from another place, but I think it is also warped. It looks to me like the SS anti bounce and auto trip is Nitrided. I'm wondering if the nitriding process is warping the thin auto trip part. The metal is so hard, I can not bend it back into shape without fear of snapping it. Does anyone else have one of the newer Nitride parts kits?

52733065235_821ab0f2fc_c.jpg

52733065335_a0c84cb674_c.jpg

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
I have one of the original non-nitrided ones (purchased many years ago)
yeah, that thing is seriously bent…

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Matt, I've found CMMG to be good about customer service. I'd reach out to them. My trips are the older ones and NOT warped like yours.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Jake. I did reach out. They are sending me 2 replacement trips. I will report back when I get them.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Years ago I was trying to get my CMMG kit to work in my FA Colt 614. I called CMMG and explained my issues and they sent me at no charge three trips, each with the paddle part bent at slightly different angles. I was trying to find out if there was a timing issue and had tried to bend one myself and broke it. They're not easy to tweak. Despite that, none of those trips cured my problem.
What did was to replace my short 5.56 upper and CMMG chamber insert kit with their dedicated .22 LR collar with detent and barrel.

But to your point, excellent customer service.

smdub

UZI Talk Life Member
x2 on excellent CMMG customer service. I've run their dedicated 22LR kit w/ the stubby 3"(?) barrel + suppressor forever. Untold thouands of rounds.

Some random thoughts:

I find Black Dog extractors far outlive the originals. The originals all chipped at the tips. Though I had to clearance my barrel cutout slightly. The factory bbl cutout lifts the BD extractor a little when its in battery and sometimes give a FTE. You can see the extractor move/lift through the ejection port when it was stock as you closed the bolt slowly. Though in retrospect, the originals might have been hitting the bbl too and chipping them? Either way, I'm still on my first BD extractor and the spares just sit.

The BoreBuddy bolt weight kit is handy for tuning. Several of us have them. Use a little bit of purple or blue threadlock on the little screws once you find a weight combo that runs flawless.

The OSS RAD22 works better than my Sparrow for reducing gas to the face. As does a 9mm port buffer. Can now dump a Black Dog 50rd drum w/ much less issue.

I have an Aero Precision EPC9 upper w/ the little port windows I'm going to move the setup over to try. Not sure it will be an improvement w/o the port buffer but it looks nicer. I might try to stick a 3D printed deflector on if still needed.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter