Search results

1. az_gun_nut

Looking to convert UZI to SMG spec

I font know if he's still in business but Derek at AZEXarms did my conversion. Excellent work!
  2. az_gun_nut

F/A vector uzi with a 45acp conversion

Cut down a semiauto buffer... Experiment with the thickness as it will increase your rate of fire. But it WILL save your receiver from future damage.
  3. az_gun_nut

PPS43

I was told it is due to the semi-auto guns using a different trunion. It has something to do with preventing someone from swapping in a full-auto trunion too easily.
  4. az_gun_nut

Semi Vs. F/A Bolt Mainspring

Also you need to remember that the semi has the striker spring as well so the semi main spring is weaker than the full auto main spring. Running the full auto spring will most likely cause FTF's FTE's. There's a reason they use two different springs. Are you using a modified "full auto" bolt...
  5. az_gun_nut

Full size semi striker

Here's a pic of a new one, notice how the corner that contacts the sear is slightly beveled unlike yours that is ramped from wear. And if you want to buy a new one, here you go. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464320107
  6. az_gun_nut

Alright. Which one of you guys bought it?

If anyone is looking for a good deal, my local dealer in Oak Grove KY right outside Gate 6 at Ft Campbell has a transferable Registered bolt gun for around 6k. I can message you the info.
  7. az_gun_nut

Oh snap... I want some of what he's smoking if that's the case!
  8. az_gun_nut

Full size semi striker

Actually it is the same problem, you stated you think it's jumping the sear which is what mine was doing. Just have someone weld the corner up for you, then file it square. The ramping is from going over the sear. Making it square will give it better engagement with the sear. Look in the...
  9. az_gun_nut

Semi Uzi Heads pace Question

Are you getting light hits on the primers? You might want to check your striker and verify it isn't getting hung up on the sear. ALSO... a loose grip on the grip safety will do this and is probably the culprit. Have you cleaned the lower trigger housing since firing those hundreds of rounds...
  10. az_gun_nut

Yeah but that's for two guns and that's the current market. Heck it wasn't that long ago that just a registered bolt was 5K without a host gun.
  11. az_gun_nut

F/A Uzi trigger won't reset on its own.

Did you take the trigger housing apart at any time? Sounds like the trigger return spring isn't installed correctly.
  12. az_gun_nut

Full size semi striker

I had the same issue with an old Norinco UZI I use to have. I had a buddy weld the corner for me, then I filed it down so it was square. What happened to me was someone was shooting my gun but they weren't squeezing the grip safety hard enough, so when they did squeeze it again and flipped the...
  13. az_gun_nut

Walther Uzi Pistol SBR APPROVED!!!

I believe once you go NFA on a firearm the 922 compliance is not an issue as you've registered it as an NFA item. It's kind of like which came first, the AR15 short barreled rifle or the fullauto AR15 with a drop in auto sear? Once you drop in the auto sear you can put on whatever length...
  14. az_gun_nut

Any Umarex/Walther .22lr Uzi Pistol Owners Here?

Does the actually barrel nut on the front of the receiver unscrew? I'm assuming that part helps hold the two receiver halves together? If it does, will a real UZI barrel nut thread in place or are the threads a different pitch?
  15. az_gun_nut

Walther/Umarex Uzi Rifle SBR Conversion

I'm interested in doing the SBR route on one of these as well. Did you ever bother to look on Gunbroker for an UZI parts kit? Trying to "import" gun parts will most likely get them confiscated by US customs.
  16. az_gun_nut

MK 760 question - Bolt dropped today when I let go of the charging handle

I had this happen on my MK760 some years back. I was using new factory loaded Federal ammo. I had the selector on SEMI and it was doing bursts on me until I'd release the trigger. Turned out to be a weak sear spring.
  17. az_gun_nut

ATF Investigator an Uzi fan.

My best friend's dad is a retired ATF agent and collector. His Class III collection is crazy, he enherited quite a bit from his father who had a bunch of WWII bring backs that were amnesty registered.
  18. az_gun_nut

WOLFF SPRINGS can forget about me buying anything from them.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the regular gal was out for the day and one of the owners wives/girlfriends was answering the phone and didn't know squat about what to do and really didn't care. Of course they are going to deny any wrong doing by their staff, but I'll bet again they don't...
  19. az_gun_nut

Some interesting damage on AR15

Sounds like you need to back the buffer tube out 1 turn. General rule I follow when installing a buffer tube is to screw it all the way in until it hits the buffer retainer tit and then back it off 1 or more full turns until it lines up properly. You don't want the lip of the buffer tube...
  20. az_gun_nut

HK 51 / 51K

Vector use to make them, now only PTR does. I'd like to get one to make an SBR or sear host from.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter