Search results

1. kmw1970

How to tell mfg of semi mini Uzi barrel?

I have a 19" semi mini Uzi barrel, chrome lined, marked "058" and "(P)". Is this IMI? Thanks.
  2. kmw1970

I need a 9mm pistol bolt

...and I've got a 9mm mini bolt. How hard is this sucker? I may have a couple of carbide end-mills (I don't remember). Easier to machine or try and trade?
  3. kmw1970

Excellent article: brass vs steel cased

If you love seeing analytic analysis of firearms concerns opposed to hype and marketing, this is an excellent write up of a great research project comparing brass and steel cased ammo using ARs as a test bed: http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
  4. kmw1970

FAL Headspacing Problems

This is my third FAL build. It's actually been sitting for a while, I decided to pull it out and finish it for some much needed R&R. DS Arms receiver. Very nice Austria STG-58 barrel. Headspaces nicely on a .256" gauge pin, but not on .256" locking shoulder. What I've done: 1) measured...
  5. kmw1970

I love it

when a plan comes together...or better yet, when fun stuff gets delivered to the lab.
  6. kmw1970

"Original Mount" on WLA site

Anyone know what this really is? http://www.wlarms.com/parts/images/StOrigMt.JPG
  7. kmw1970

SHOT Show 2012

Who's going?
  8. kmw1970

Astra Model 300

Bought this little guy today for $250. Here's the story. Supposedly it was my dad's; either a personal piece when he was in Vietnam ('67-'68, 173rd AHC, Robin Hoods) or shortly thereafter. Shortly after returning to the states he sold it to a good friend. Friend is now dying from an...
  9. kmw1970

"Bump" in the night

10. kmw1970

WiseLite Mk7

I did a quick write-up on my WLA Mk7 copy in the reviews forum.
  11. kmw1970

WiseLite Sterling Mk7 Copy

I was #3 on the list for the "special edition" WLA Mk7 pistol copy. Picked up it today (happy birthday) and went out back for some plinking. High ratings for build quality -- nice use of refinished parts, every seems to fit together. The pistol grip/trigger well appears to be welded on rather...
  12. kmw1970

My New Uzi Case

One of my engineers found this at a yard sale or something. It'll hold a full size with the barrel removed...
  13. kmw1970

Best gun?

Sorry, I had to get in on this poll stuff too...
  14. kmw1970

Whats a transferrable Lewis gun usually go for?

Because $12k is really tempting... Over on Subguns...FOR SALE: Savage 1917 Lewis Machine Gun 303
  15. kmw1970

Land Rover mount pic?

Anyone have a picture of Brit army Land Rover Sterling mount? Interestingly enough, googling "Land Rover" and "stow mount" leads only to a (pictureless) thread here...
  16. kmw1970

Vietnam era M1911

Gents, I've got the idea to get my father a Vietnam era 1911 and "stuff" -- holster, mag pouch, web belt. What's the correct "stuff" to make a complete set? What kind of dollars are we talking about? Thanks for any info or ideas.
  17. kmw1970

SAR piston

Anyone have them?
  18. kmw1970

What's the LMG in this pic?

My nine year old was asking about Uzi Talk. I took him through the library and we talked about Uziel Gal and the use of the Uzi by the IDF, and we looked at a lot of the IDF pictures. What's the belt fed in the lower right hand corner of this pic from the library? Pic is captioned: "Golani...
  19. kmw1970

Price check: Galil mags

What are people actually paying for Orlites (new) 35 rnd steel (new and used) 50 rnd (used) Between the overpriced Gunbroker listings and suppliers who are still listing stuff they sold out of a year ago, it's been hard to find fair pricing. Thanks!
  20. kmw1970

parkerizing question -- completely remove old park?

What happens when you parkerize something that still has old park on it? Is there any need to completely remove the old parkerized finish? What I'm wondering about primarily is the inside of an item. I don't mind completely bead blasting the outside to get the aesthetics right, but I've got...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter