Recent content by Paul Kersey

1. Paul Kersey

Uzi sling swivel option

And when you do find the parts they are scattered across many vendors that the shipping/handling charges add up quickly. I just completed my McKay build and keep slapping myself not starting it years ago when parts were everywhere and not expensive.
  2. Paul Kersey

Uzi sling swivel option

The solution I used works perfect - but I had the part in a parts bin so not sure how easy to get. I used a sling swivel post used on a M10/11 semi and the post barely goes through the receiver wall and then a c clamp holds it in.
  3. Paul Kersey

Need a Transferable Sendra Lower re Anodized

Stampcollector, Did you ever have this done? If so, are you happy and who did you use? I also like to know roughly what it cost. Thanks
  4. Paul Kersey

Question on importers of firearms

I have a Galil model 372. It was one that originally imported via Magnum Research but was sold through Action Arms (I believe these are referred to as "Transition Guns"). There is an area on the left side of the receiver where the "Magnum Research" info was and was slightly milled out removing...
  5. Paul Kersey

Safe Deposit Box Storage?

Google for videos of "Breaking into Gun Safes" and you won't feel as comfortable. If someone knows what they are doing, it can only take minutes. (Generally they can cut out the sides and not go through the front. :O( ) BUT- better they can be better than nothing and it may keep amateurs...
  6. Paul Kersey

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

Thanks for the info. I printed out a Form 1 and need to study it. I would love it IF the only engraving I'd have to have done is on the barrel. The McKay receiver went through a FFL. I have had the gun assembled (with the receiver still "in the white") and it works perfect. Thanks for replying...
  7. Paul Kersey

I have to admit I need to research this. I would prefer barrel of course. Do you know if the serial number McKay put on it is all that is needed, or, do I need to create a new one for the Form 1? (my next step is to pull up a Form 1 and see what it has one it).
  8. Paul Kersey

Thank you guys, thanks for your answers and taking the time to type lengthy replies. I am still trying to decide if I want to SBR it that will require engraving, so that has to come before all else.
  9. Paul Kersey

Parkerizing sounds easy, I just don't know if I want to "learn" on a pretty expensive part (to me anyway). BUT- it is sometime I might try on misc parts (like old magazines, etc.). What is slowing me down is if I SBR it I have to have it engraved with my name and city/state? I have read...
  10. Paul Kersey

I am still looking at options to put a finish on my McKay receiver. I had my "in the white" McKay receiver sandblasted and learned (always the hard way) that you just have a short period of time to do the parkerizing after sandblasting. Opps- my bad. I do not "see" any rust on it and it is...
  11. Paul Kersey

Uzi Magazine Identification

Thanks guys. Yep- a polished "blue" finish on it. My answer has been received and I thank you. Happy New Year (we all hope)
  12. Paul Kersey

Uzi Magazine Identification

I have come across a UZI Mag that I am not sure who made it. It is commercial, so I assume low quality. I have looked at many images in "Google" and cannot find a match. It's probably a ProMag, but cannot tell. There are no markings on it (not even cartridge "counter" numbers) and the "mag...
  13. Paul Kersey

If I do not "give it a go myself"- that is who I will use. :O)
  14. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

IMI Galil Model 372. It is not fired that much and it looks brand new. My kids will enjoy the great shape it is in. I use my guns but do keep them nice. The Galil is not fired that much because it has brothers and sisters crying for food as well. The last time I looked at sold actions on GB...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter