Recent content by mike400

1. M

UZI machined feed ramp installation

If you want to shoot anything other than RN bullets, get the machined feed ramp. Well worth the money spent.
  2. M

Need help

Don’t forget to clean out the extractor channel.
  3. M

Safe Deposit Box Storage?

I don’t know what the boxes go for every month. However, over time you might end up saving money by purchasing a gun safe. Doesn’t have to be $3000. Costco sometimes has decent prices.
  4. M

Why is it that 9mm 147gn projectiles are not RN.

I agree, I just have never gotten into reloading. Maybe I should reconsider.
  5. M

Why is it that 9mm 147gn projectiles are not RN.

Couple of the 158gn offerings are RN, why not 147gn. FMJ 115 and 124 are almost always RN, but the 147’s all seem to be some variation of a flat nose. We have been talking about subsonic offering lately, and I was wondering if anyone in the ammo business knows the answer? I would certainly buy them.
  6. M

Vector Arms UZI SMG Trunion Weld Pictures

I agree, about the almost celebrity status of some gunsmiths. Some deserved and some not. If I and a friend had a bad experience with someone, I might post it too. Nothing wrong with feedback. But, sometimes their status gets them so busy and in a rush to get things done they get careless Or...
  7. M

Thinking of trying Fiocchi 9APE 158gr

The round nose ones work great and are as quiet as your going to get.
  8. M

Has anyone throated an Uzi barrel for better feeding?

I sold an Uzi SMG years back that Vector put in a Semi feed ramp. It ate anything and everything I put in it. It’s a big plus putting Flat nosed subsonic ammo in it and shooting supressed. I am looking for that reliability again.
  9. M

Has anyone throated an Uzi barrel for better feeding?

I am in the process of getting a Semi feed ramp in my SMG. But I was hoping in the interim that I might get better feeding with HP’s. Has anyone done this with any success? I know Barrelxchange says his will feed HP’s. Anyone Had any luck?
  10. M

UPDATE Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can cut and thread an UZI barrel?

Amphibian just threaded and installed a 3 lug adaptor for me on one of my barrels. 1st class work and quick turn around, Highly recommend! The 3 lug cutout on the barrel nut looks factory too. Thanks for the great work !!
  11. M

Anyone try one of the Brownells Aluma-Hyde II Parkerizing paint?

It almost looks like the Phosphate gritty texture too.
  12. M

Anyone try one of the Brownells Aluma-Hyde II Parkerizing paint?

There is a matte dark parkerizing grey color and a matte parkerizing grey. Just curious if someone has tried these with the group/vector receivers. How hid it look? Close? I have used the Aluma-Hyde II, just no those colors.
  13. M

Anyone using a 1913/Picatinny type folding stock?

What do you have? Likes, dislikes, recommendations?
  14. M

Smg Uzi vector/group industries

Dave, my comments were only my observation, a sample size of one. I was only trying to relate my experiences. Quite frankly, I don’t care if it is slightly out of spec, I only care that it runs And does what I ask of it. If someone is looking for perfection, look elsewhere, maybe an MP5 or the...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter