New MAX-11/15 Videos

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I think this thread has been slightly derailed lol

:peep

And then some. Basically this thread is a WTS ad for the Lage rifle caliber upper. The last I knew it was not proper to flame someone's ad. If you think the price is too high, move on. There is no need to run down the price that is set for the item. If there are those that to grip about the price, could you please start your own thread? YMMV.

Scott

bac0nfat

This is a discussion forum, I think it's fair to talk about it as long as everyone is civil and respectful. I haven't seen anyone be disrespectful yet.

LawBob

Guess I will toss in my 2cents.

PERSONALY, I feel that 3k for a .223 upper is a bargain. Nothing is cheap about NFA.

I will not get into business models, supply vs demand etc.

I do understand that 3k is a lot of money for what amounts to a toy (isn't all NFA toys anyway?) . That being said, how many of us take vacations, buy boats, motorcycles, go to sporting events, out to eat, etc? Point is, if you really want one you can make it happen. I have been in the NFA game for 20 years or so. Was stuff cheaper back then? Bet your ass it was! Being in my early 20s and wanting machineguns was rough!! I made it happen though. First SMG that I bought was a m11/9 for less than a grand with no transfer cost. It was still a lot of money to me. I scraped, made sacrifices and made it happen.

I guess I just do not understand griping about the price of a toy. Did Lage MFG make a mistake about price projection? I think so (isn't that where this all stems from?) I have done it many times myself. not very fun to give an estimate just to find out you way under bid the project and are now going to be working for $2 an hour. It happens, especially when you are taking on new projects.

Bottom line, this upper is a investment and like it or not there will be a finite supply of them. Is that # 100 or 1000? I do not know. I do know that I do not want to be kicking myself 10yrs from now saying woulda, coulda shoulda. If Brother Evils price speculation is correct, will 3K for an upper seem out of line for a 15-20K MAC? I think not.

play nice and keep it civil
Aren’t
Best

Aren’t

You’re gonna spend more on ammo and a case than this

Last edited:

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I haven't read all of the discussion, so I apologize if this was covered.... To make it a little cheaper, is there any way to buy the stock upper and put my own barrel, bcg, rail, etc on it? I have lots of ar parts and I could utilize them to finish out the upper.

I asked about that and was told the upper was going to be sold as a single, complete unit. I'll sell you an upper for $2,750 ;-)

If the Sabre (sp?) was worth what they charged, this upper will be a better deal. This will be the cheapest way to shoot FA 5.56 mm. Cheap being relative because I'd like to shoot way more 5.56 mm than I do!

Like all this stuff, it is a niche market and I suspect those that can will and those that can't will not. No obligation or promises and he's selling it for what he thinks it's worth...I suspect he'll do just fine.

Last edited:

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Along with Jake, I was honored to set up and help staff the Lage Mfg. booth during the SAR Show. I have fair working knowledge of Richard’s product line and it’s easy to get behind a great guy with excellent products. I finger fucked the MAX-15 for a long time over the weekend. It’s a high quality product and I expressed my opinion to Richard that I wouldn’t price it a penny less than 3.5k. I know others have expressed an opinion and suggested it should sell for more.

People are free to build their own version or simply walk away if the price is more than they care to pay. I understand Richard has instructed Jackie to issue deposit refunds for all those people who decide not to buy, so no one loses money.

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
I understand Richard has instructed Jackie to issue deposit refunds for all those people who decide not to buy, so no one loses money.

Hehehe... I like what you did there...

Ok, would I like to pay less than 3k? Well, hell yes, I’m a cheapskate, just ask Richard.
Am I still buying it? Hell yes, again...
And I hope all you people that are dropping out are lower than 81, I wanna move up!

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
3000$ is a lot but you're getting a lot. Even those who don't buy will see their guns become more valuable cause of this. It's a rare no lose situation. I am glad I'm not shooting my m11 stock form with the collapsible stock collapsing on my glasses. That was no fun.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
And then some. Basically this thread is a WTS ad for the Lage rifle caliber upper. The last I knew it was not proper to flame someone's ad. If you think the price is too high, move on. There is no need to run down the price that is set for the item. If there are those that to grip about the price, could you please start your own thread? YMMV.

Scott

This is not a WTS. It is open for discussion as long as everyone is respectful. I dont get out much these days and this is my entertainment:) its pathetic, I know

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Perhaps those that are disappointed with how the Max-11/15 is being rolled out can enlighten us on how they have successfully rolled out a product like this so we can all learn.

john-g

I have no problem with the price,I paid almost that much for a sabre and I'm sure the max15 will be a hell of a lot better.(lighter,smaller package,easy to strip down,easy mag changes and most important customer support )I just hope he keeps the ball rolling with new uppers. After he scales the max15 up and down for daddy and baby macs I wish, wish, wish, he would make a 762x39 ak mag upper,dedicated 22 upper that takes 10/22 mags and drums and a shrike type belt fed upper.all very possible.that list should keep him busy for years while the price of macs shoot to the moon.
(Macs the new Dias)

Captain murrica

UZI Talk Supporter
This. "people who complain about the Max11/15 price but are fine with the W bolt". Not one complaint in the CF-W thread about price. Not knocking the CF-W just making a observation.

With all due respect the communication about price was much more clear for the cfw. There was a price change due to the alloy being changed(I think) and it was brought here, the target market, and explained. There was no sticker shock in an obscure Facebook post a month before they were supposed to be shipped.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?81431-CF-W-9MM-Slowfire-Bolts&highlight=Tungsten+price

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
I must be the odd man out. I'm number 17 on the list and when my time comes I'm a buyer :)

I'm #690 and I'll be buying as well. Are the waiting list positions transferable? Does anyone want to sell their lower place on the list? Could be a good way to offset the cost of the upper. :)

rchaisch

another question...

has there been a list of the AR BCG, barrel, rail, etc manufacturers?

it mentions a Troy ambi release, but just a lifetime BCG through the manufacturer.

what about barrel? whats the twist rate? what quality is it? Anderson quality, BA quality or LaRue quality?

what about the rail? that looks just like those cheap ones from GunTec USA.

if i'm spending $3K, i'd like to know where what parts i'm getting.

i'm not flaming the price, i just want more specifics.

LawBob

I'm #690 and I'll be buying as well. Are the waiting list positions transferable? Does anyone want to sell their lower place on the list? Could be a good way to offset the cost of the upper. :)

You’ll just move up the list.

LawBob

another question...

has there been a list of the AR BCG, barrel, rail, etc manufacturers?

it mentions a Troy ambi release, but just a lifetime BCG through the manufacturer.

what about barrel? whats the twist rate? what quality is it? Anderson quality, BA quality or LaRue quality?

what about the rail? that looks just like those cheap ones from GunTec USA.

if i'm spending $3K, i'd like to know where what parts i'm getting.

Jut joshing you.
i'm not flaming the price, i just want more specifics.

The barrel is made of hard substance called metal. The upper is also metal. I think the bcg is metal as well. At any rate, it will fire a metal projectile faster than sound, and multiple times per minute, if paired w an m11 lower and the appropriate finger pressure is applied.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter