Wood grips?

Chef

Has anyone seen reproduction (new made) wooden grips for the full size UZI?
Saw a pic the other day of a gun that was sporting some and thought they would look great when combined with the wood stock.
Seeing how a lot of people are making custom wood grips for other weapons, making some for the UZI shouldn't be a big deal.
uzi grip.jpeg

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Dang, I never thought of that....wood stock, wood grips, wood forend? That would look classy!
I was thinking the same thing; I used to be into plastic furniture, but I grew out of it

SecondAmend

A long while back I worked with a guy who was very handy with tools and had a full size, semi Uzi. He made a set of hand grips from wood laminate as he was of the opinion that as the grips are somewhat thin, standard, block wood was not sufficiently sturdy.

Chef

Another cool option that would be strong as well as comfortable would be G10 laminate.

Galil#1

G10 smart idea! + Other super nice strong materials... Al, Ti perhaps? Make it and they will buy lol!
IMHO the current aftermarket ones are just garbage. Paid like $50+ for a full set for full size, waste of $$$

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
I love wood on black guns. Not fond of laminates. What wood chosen would be a important factor in strength.

cherenkov

In Small Arms of the World (2nd edition) by Ezell, there is a vintage uzi pic in it where one is sporting wood furniture - perhaps an early Israeli prototype

Galil#1

Also... did they not have black colored wood on some Thompsons? Semi-Autos?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter