Will Sig MPX brace work?

travinh

Hello Uzi Talk members,

I am putting together my first full size Uzi pistol. I am looking for idea to mount a pistol brace. Most braces require the use of top cover rail and scope. I found the thread from an Uzi Talk member who used the SB Sig MPX brace for his Uzi pistol.
Link: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?86946-UZIs-and-Pistol-Braces...
26324741509_a61aefeb5b_z.jpg

I like the way it looks. I would like to use the Strike Industries MPX brace instead of the SB MPX brace. Base on pictures in the above link, I think that the cheek weld works fine with the iron sight.

Questions:
1) Do you think the cheek weld will work well with the iron sight?
2) Does the 1913 rail strong enough to support the brace when under recoil?

Thanks,
Cal

Last edited:

pmf

I don't get the brace. It looks like a stock to me. And you put it on that "pistol" and it looks like a short barreled rifle to me. How does the ATF allow that, but regulate short barreled rifles? I assume you can put the brace on your shoulder when you shoot the thing.

Landric

I don't get the brace. It looks like a stock to me. And you put it on that "pistol" and it looks like a short barreled rifle to me. How does the ATF allow that, but regulate short barreled rifles? I assume you can put the brace on your shoulder when you shoot the thing.

Because the law doesn't make sense.

The BATFE has waffled some on the braces over the years but the present directive is it is legal to shoulder them. I do not expect this feeling to last as I expect that for every person who uses the brace as a brace there are at least 1000 who are using it to avoid registering their guns as SBRs and have no intention of ever using the brace as a brace.

I could be wrong but I expect the whole "pistol brace" thing to go away sooner rather than later. So, while I own some braced pistols I am in the process, as funds all, of form 1ing all of them.

Fishman

Because the way the written law is worded, a pistol is DESIGNED to be used with one hand. Braces have specific design features that make them suitable for 1 handed firing. People's intent and actual practice of shouldering them is irrelevant to the law. This actually a legal loophole, unlike "the gun show loophole" or bump stocks.

travinh

Update:
Here is my initial setup. The iron sight works great. It's a work in progress. it looks good to me.

Last edited:

rentprop1

I could be wrong but I expect the whole "pistol brace" thing to go away sooner rather than later. So, while I own some braced pistols I am in the process, as funds all, of form 1ing all of them.

some of those braces are as much as the $200 stamp, and then your still using they ghey brace.......doesn't make sense to me ......lol

Starvingboy

some of those braces are as much as the $200 stamp, and then your still using they ghey brace.......doesn't make sense to me ......lol

$150-ish, and Done. Instead of $200, paperwork, fingerprints, wait-time... .... accept/reject, NOW off to an engraver, more wait time... Oh, did you ever want to sell that someday? Stupid laws beget stupid solutions.

Just curious...When some one decides to make a pistol out of their virgin uzi receiver, are they required to modify the receiver so it will no longer accept a standard stock, by welding up holes or cutting off the stock mounting lugs ect?

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I started with braces on my MPA 9mm and .45 but since Eforms I get approval in 30 days or less everything has been SBR, tax stamp and engraving are 225 plus stock but like the stock better looks wise and practicality depending on the firearm of course, but to each his own, I have a 7 in AR15 wearing a tailhook gen 2 and it's very pleasing to the eye. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter