what modeling program do you use for your 3d printer?

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
I have a ender 3 printer with the upgraded hotend. Done a little printing. Havent been entirely happy with the program that I am using for modeling. I use blender. It is great for everything except precisely measured models. Which it was designed for artists and what, so not going to knock it there.

What cad program do you use?
How intuitive is it?
Was it free? Or cost money (if so how much)

Bianchi

Hello! you must test "solidworks student edition" for modelling, he's free one year and you could ask a new free license the next year with a simple mail! he's like a gaz plant when you start it but is very intuitive with a good A.I.it contains tutorials and forum to get help. there a lot of YT vids that explain how to get it and plenty of explaining video to keep the hand on the software. the first thing to made be install Solidworks and search how to create a "new file/part/assembly" on Yt.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Fusion360 is also pretty good & also has a free option for a year.

Also using Scanners to help model & reverse engineer models introduces a whole additional layer of associated modeling software and dependencies (e.g. Geomagic Design X)

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Will look both of those up this weekend and download the trials. Copying and reverse engineering would be fun. For now i just have some ideas i want to try out. Was planning on printing some components for lost plastic casting. Havent printed with that stuff yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter