What is the mount out "kit" for your Uzi SMG?

weshowe

Gents,

I've been away for a while, but am back. World situation being what it is I've been thinking of upgrading my UZI SMG carry accessories and was wondering what some of you use to carry your magazines and accessories. I have a UZI SMG and a semi-auto registered mini-Uzi. Mag pouches used and modes of carry would be helpful.

Thanks, it's good to be back...

Wes

Chef

Considering the popularity of PCC in the last 5 years or so, you'd think that web gear makers would have a lot of options available.
Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. Most everything good is still geared towards the AR size magazines.

litfire145

Gents,

I've been away for a while, but am back. World situation being what it is I've been thinking of upgrading my UZI SMG carry accessories and was wondering what some of you use to carry your magazines and accessories. I have a UZI SMG and a semi-auto registered mini-Uzi. Mag pouches used and modes of carry would be helpful.

Thanks, it's good to be back...

Wes
I use an HRT Tactical chest rig with their smg placard. If you like 25rd mags you will need to put some sort of spacer in the bottom of the placard so they stick up enough. I just use 32rd mags. I have messed with this set up some and am satisfied with it. However, what situation do you foresee yourself being in? Are you looking for a general "modern" loadout or something specific?

My issue is a sling option however. With the folding stock and the full 360 degree swivel up front, my sling is usually a twisted mess. I use a Blue Force Gear sling. I am thinking of drilling a hole in my stock on the right and mounting a swivel, so it hangs better and maybe mitigates having the sling getting all twisted up when deploying the stock. I emailed Title II arms about their folding stock because it has a swivel that would be perfect for what I want, but with no response.

Sadly, the Uzi hayday was before I was born so there does not seem to be many modern options for it or anyone willing to do any Uzi specific stuff. For the PCC, the MP5 clones and Scorpions seem to be the popular ones.

I am looking to modify my K-grip with a rail on the side for a Surefire light and pressure switch, I also have a railed handguard system coming from barrelxchange. You can find some NOS Uzi tri rails sometime as well, also if you have a bayonet lug, Stormwerks makes a bayonet lug rail for a light.

litfire145

This thread got me thinking. This sling set up makes using the gun a lot easier if you prefer a modern sling setup. The k-grip has plenty of room internally to mount a rail for a light. Waiting on a tape switch but this Surefire fits perfectly. The only thing somebody may want is an offset mount to raise the light away from your fingers if you have massive hands.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2026.jpeg
    IMG_2026.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55

litfire145

More angles of the light.

Attachments

• IMG_2049.jpeg
    IMG_2049.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2050.jpeg
    IMG_2050.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16

Chef

That's a weird crown on the muzzle of your barrel... Can't say I've ever seen something like that before.

litfire145

That's a weird crown on the muzzle of your barrel... Can't say I've ever seen something like that before.
Yeah. Local place chopped and crowned it to about 9”. Not sure why it got that treatment but it didn’t affect a thing and I can’t see that part of the gun while I’m shooting it, lol.

redweirdbeard

This thread got me thinking. This sling set up makes using the gun a lot easier if you prefer a modern sling setup. The k-grip has plenty of room internally to mount a rail for a light. Waiting on a tape switch but this Surefire fits perfectly. The only thing somebody may want is an offset mount to raise the light away from your fingers if you have massive hands.
Who makes that k-grip. That's a pretty good setup you have.

litfire145

Who makes that k-grip. That's a pretty good setup you have.
Not sure. I bought it off rtgparts but they’ve been out of stock since. One just sold on here the other day for $45, gunjoker sellers sell them around $100. If you’re paying $100 for one you may as well get the $180 FAB defense rail.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
The k grip is the best one. They were 55 back from Vector in 2001, 100 isn't so bad

litfire145

I think I paid $35-40 for the grip from rtgparts. I think it's worth that but at close to $100 I would have to think twice, especially if you weren't sure about drilling holes for rails if you wanted them.

litfire145

I kind of hijacked this thread, sorry OP, if anyone cares about setting up an Uzi for modern usage, home defense type stuff I'll make another thread.

I mounted a Surefure ST07 tape switch and the jury is out on whether I like it or not. The provided velco tape they provide is, IMO, trash. If you weren't keen on drilling more holes for a rail to mount a momentary button I would recommend using some 3M double sided tape to secure the tape switch. My cable management uses the gap between the grip and trigger frame to secure the cable, and one zip tie behind the tailcap of the light to cinch the cable together.

I wanted to mount the switch higher up on the K-grip where my thumb rides. For two reasons this did not work well. This provded an opportunity for my hk clip to get into the cable and rip the switch off the gun when pulling the rifle up to shoot while slung. It also made me have to consciously think about pressing sideways with my thumb. This was not comfortable or intuitive. I mounted the switch between the screw holes of the grip so the meat of my palm at the base of my thumb is what triggers the light. So far that seems to work best but I will run some drills soon to see if that is as solid of an idea in practice.

I can post pictures if OP or anyone else cares, or I can start my own thread. It's unfortunate the Uzi heyday has long passed and most of the stuff out there is that 80s-90s Soldier of Fortune type of cheesy quality or just straight up perpetually out of stock. Companies like Stormwerkz are helping keep the platform alive! The Uzi has a lot of potential if you already own one, however outside of a toy it doesn't make sense to buy one to make it a serious gun with today's prices.

Dirk Hawthorne

Whenever I see the word "kit", I always think of the elite of the elite of the elite. And I do it with reverence.

That's why I use FireCleanTactical2000 oil. It's $300 an ounce, but it's what our SEAL team Delta Rangers use in the military.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    945 KB · Views: 19

Galil#1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks like the Broke Back Mt. boys are training hard...

Soylent_Green

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter