What did I buy? Hadar Galil?

Beyond Tactical

So, I purchased this a few months back thinking I would convert it to a typical pre-ban IWI Galil. After much thought I decided to list it for sale on Gunbroker as an IWI Hadar Galil. Within the first day I received two messages from people who stated it is not a Hadar, but a clone. I'd like to know the member's opinion's on this. I believe the previous owner had switched out a couple parts in the anticipation of fully converting it one day such as adding a muzzle brake, swaping dust covers and possibly the bolt handle.

I believe it to be a Hadar due to the fact I don't believe someone would clone one, especially with the scare gas block. Also, everything looks right to me except the lack of the dust cover which would have been marked Hadar.
https://www.facebook.com/pickersociety/photos/pcb.636227731141890/636227561141907
Long story short I deleted the listing until i know it is 100% an IWI Hadar.
Please see the pictures and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
Sure looks like a Hadar to me. Like you said, I don't see someone going out of their way to clone one of those & that stock is a Hadar stock. The big question is, are there IMI markings on it?

Tenngalil

UZI Talk Life Member
what's the ser.#?
seems i saw this and it looked like it was a 308- 0071 which should be Rapid Fire Group in Ohio.

pull the action from the stock and see who the manuf. is.

Last edited:

Mr Folgers

That doesn't look right. SN is wrong font and weird. Shouldn't have a vertical bolt knob.

Looks to be an ORF Galil stuck in a HADAR stock.

Beyond Tactical

I’ll have to try to pull the stock off and see if there are any markings. The Hadars I’ve seen online are marked on the dust cover (obviously mine was changed out though). Is there another place it would be stamped?

It is a low serial number, so possibly there could have been a variance in the stamps used from the factory?

I appreciate the input so far, I’ll try to dig deeper. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know

dubagel

Also, the factory IMI Galil’s top cover has the last 4 digits of the guns serial number stamped on the side of the rear sights.

Last edited:

Tenngalil

UZI Talk Life Member
that's an ORF ser. #.
i have a scrap rec. on my shelf with the same 308-xxxx number in the same place.

real haddars have Haddar 7.62x51 where you have the ser. # and the Haddars ser. # is on the gas tube ear of the front trunnion.
and the font is small- .085-.09 with calipers and tired eyes.

pull the action out and look on either side or the bottom.
if the paint is thick it'll be hard to read the manuf. info. as ORf used a dot engraving setup that could disappear under heavy sand blasting.

so much is sideways with this-
top cover has been mauled/ cut on the ejection side.
trigger guard is a standard 5.56 bent almost into a loop- .308 T/G is cut shorter to allow for the mag. well.
bullet guide looks like a standard ak thin one.

if this isn't a cobbled together setup i'll eat my Bridgeport mill.

Attachments

• box2141.bluehost.jpg
    box2141.bluehost.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 149

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
that's an ORF ser. #.
i have a scrap rec. on my shelf with the same 308-xxxx number in the same place.

real haddars have Haddar 7.62x51 where you have the ser. # and the Haddars ser. # is on the gas tube ear of the front trunnion.
and the font is small- .085-.09 with calipers and tired eyes.

pull the action out and look on either side or the bottom.
if the paint is thick it'll be hard to read the manuf. info. as ORf used a dot engraving setup that could disappear under heavy sand blasting.

so much is sideways with this-
top cover has been mauled/ cut on the ejection side.
trigger guard is a standard 5.56 bent almost into a loop- .308 T/G is cut shorter to allow for the mag. well.
bullet guide looks like a standard ak thin one.

if this isn't a cobbled together setup i'll eat my Bridgeport mill.

Well, that answered that question. The Master has spoken.

Mr Folgers

I’ll have to try to pull the stock off and see if there are any markings. The Hadars I’ve seen online are marked on the dust cover (obviously mine was changed out though). Is there another place it would be stamped?

It is a low serial number, so possibly there could have been a variance in the stamps used from the factory?

I appreciate the input so far, I’ll try to dig deeper. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know

Yeah sorry bud, that is a US receiver. No way IMI built that sucker.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter